Wes

Can someone help me identify what’s growing in my Pogo?  Is it brown algae?  It’s almost gelatinous in texture and it’s pearling. 
Its also only on my plants and sponge filter not any other decor.  Snails, shrimp, and Hill stream loach don’t seem interested in it. 

Thanks. 

Thanks Daniel.  If it is biofilm, and I've not seen it this thick and goopy before, what's a good way to tackle it?  I vacuum out what I can with water changes and some manual rinsing of a few items it rests on.  Any tips or tricks?  

Pretty much exactly what you said will set it back. Some manual rinsing, some water changes and then keep your fingers crossed.

I am mostly the only one who looks at my aquariums so they don't have to look very pretty so I keep a fair amount of biofilm and mulm in my aquariums instead of sponge filters as they handle the biological filtration chores that a sponge filter does.

Adding more quickly growing plants (hornwort is my favorite) will also discourage it from coming back as the plants feed off the some of the same nutrients.

If you make a lot of changes at once, be prepared for unexpected results, meaning be deliberate as you tackle the problem. To many changes on the same day can knock your system off kilter.