Fritz A.C.C.R powder Vs. Seachem Prime, are they the same?

HenryC

I have switched from prime to fritz's ACCR powder. I just find ACCR easier to use than prime, just a quick scoop with the Co-ops very own, convenient measuring spoon. I can even do smaller doses super easy cause the spoon has 4 different measures. 

But I wonder if they're the same or if prime has any advantage ACCR doesn't have, or viceversa? If I remember correctly, prime is supossed to also neutralize/detoxify heavy metals or something like that? What does that even mean? Like, if my tap water had large amounts of copper, would prime make it safe for my fish? Is this something ACCR would not do?

I haven't had any issue with ACCR, and been loving it, but what are your thoughts on them?

Btw, green terror approved! XD

122178223_412342246460225_4529472356809892156_n.jpg

Edited by HenryC

Unlike Seachem does with Prime, Fritz tells us what's in ACCR: sodium hydroxymethanesulfonate; i.e., exactly the same thing as Cloram-X or Amquel.

And as varianidguy pointed out, the dosage of ACCR/Cloram-X/Amquel is MUCH higher than with Seachem Safe, but the pricing doesn't reflect that. Safe is likely to be the better value in dollars spent per amount of water treated.

Another product that is just as concentrated as Safe and often a bit less expensive is Continuum Aquatics Fraction D, which is available on Amazon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Jim O said:

Unlike Seachem does with Prime, Fritz tells us what's in ACCR: sodium hydroxymethanesulfonate; i.e., exactly the same thing as Cloram-X or Amquel.

And as varianidguy pointed out, the dosage of ACCR/Cloram-X/Amquel is MUCH higher than with Seachem Safe, but the pricing doesn't reflect that. Safe is likely to be the better value in dollars spent per amount of water treated.

Another product that is just as concentrated as Safe and often a bit less expensive is Continuum Aquatics Fraction D, which is available on Amazon.

Jesus Fraction D. dosage, according to amazon, is 1/5 teaspoon per 240g!!!! That's incredibly insane and cheap lol! Wow might have to try that one after I finish my ACCR.