Pennywort and snails

I have a newly planted pennywort who is trying to establish itself, but my mystery snail keeps breaking it apart. Any suggestions on how to help it out? Silly snail keeps climbing it, bending it and breaking it in half. I’m afraid she’s gonna kill it! 
30E13093-AB5A-4596-A918-60F57157FDDB.jpeg.2c24ce5ec5ef70bb9b9886cc4aff6519.jpeg8D41928B-26EF-494B-9AB0-D58F4802B6E5.jpeg.4f8e74fc5695f10b5b3b1eab38c3c3f1.jpeg

• Like 1

You could let your pennywort float for a couple weeks or even a month to allow it to acclimate to your tank and get some good growth on it. Alternatively, you could grow out the plant in something like a vase or something until it is a bit bigger and more robust. Do you have any other tanks that you could move either the plant or snail into temporarily?

On 8/19/2022 at 12:26 PM, AnimalNerd98 said:

You could let your pennywort float for a couple weeks or even a month to allow it to acclimate to your tank and get some good growth on it. Alternatively, you could grow out the plant in something like a vase or something until it is a bit bigger and more robust. Do you have any other tanks that you could move either the plant or snail into temporarily?

I do have a 20 gallon she could live in. She is my plant assassin. She’s uprooted my new dwarf Lilly and tiger lotus several times. She does a great job keeping things tidy, but goodness she is rough on new plants. I like the idea of letting it float in a vase to get stronger. May have to try that.