CJs Aquatics Posted August 17, 2022 Share Posted August 17, 2022 Hello all, I’m posting this on the experiments tab of the forum because in my mind it would be a bit of an experiment as it’s something that doesn’t appear to be widely practiced. I have a picky eater puffer. Recently he became ill and one of the best ways that was sighted to treat his illness was if he ingested the correct medication, the problem with this is, so far he is only interested in live snails. My question is as follows: I have seen people specifically who keep reptiles dust crickets and mealworms with calcium supplements to aid in there pets diet, has anyone came up with any sort of an edible adhesive or means to dust snails or there shells with supplements or medication? I would imagine it would have to be relatively sticky perhaps a honey consistency, and obviously wouldn’t last long if at all, but the random thought was, coat the snail shells with something, then dust them with meds, drop them in the water, and he ingests them and some of the meds. Whatever he doesn’t ingest dissolves in the water column to be used that way. Essentially if this were possible he would at least ingest some rather then none at all. I look forward to any stories, insights,ideas, or responses at all, thanks in advanced. -CJ 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!Register a new account
Already have an account? Sign in here.Sign In Now