Starting a fish room

Rebekaacres

Any suggestions for starting a new fish room? As life has changed our dining room is never used and has a concrete floor. We want to do one wall of tanks. Currently have a 55, 40 breeder, 45 pentegon, and several 10s and 20s. Want to make it still used as a dining room as well so has to be pleasing to visitors. 

On 8/16/2022 at 1:44 PM, Rebekaacres said:

Any suggestions for starting a new fish room? As life has changed our dining room is never used and has a concrete floor. We want to do one wall of tanks. Currently have a 55, 40 breeder, 45 pentegon, and several 10s and 20s. Want to make it still used as a dining room as well so has to be pleasing to visitors. 

It depending on how big is your dining room area with all those tanks.  measure your area and tanks of what you have. Unless you're planning on getting new tanks and just adding it to your dining room area. My suggestion is measurements and deciding what type of shelving to place your tanks on. Draw yourself an Outlook of how you want your room to be or look like and go from there. 

Research and plan ahead for filtration, heaters, drainage, water supply, air systems as in using a linear piston air pump.
With that many different sizes of tanks it will be difficult figuring out shelves or racks that along with the tanks flow for a dining room setting. Not impossible but  achievable. Like @lefty o said a carpenter would help if you wanna keep it cheaper side or a custom cabinet maker if able, would be best. I am a finish carpenter and custom cabinet maker I’ve never built this kind of project before (except cheap racks) but would love the challenge of doing custom cabinetry around a fishroom.

This is a wall of tanks in my first fishroom using DIY racks.A3A834B0-E79D-443C-B355-2B2DB7724C6A.jpeg.bcb6e7e377d50047eb03e5b69137e0c5.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 3