What would be your Aquarium Super Power if you could have one?

Chrissy

Hey guys, just for fun, what would be your Aquarium Super Power if you could choose to have one?

Mine would be Algae Inhibition: Every single fish tank I set up will never see a hint of algae.

That would be quite awesome to say the least. Brb, daydreaming.

Would love to know yours!

Cheers, Chris

• Like 1

I would just straight up be a waterbender....anyone familiar with ATLA (Avatar: The Last Airbender)?

I can only imagine how helpful this would be for fishkeeping. Water changes in a pinch! Control the water in your plants!

Plus it doubles as just an epic superpower and method of defense.

2085694203_LOKWaterbender.gif.e446611c215f88cba1ca6c58352f4943.gif

• Like 1

Mine would be to pass useful experience to a novice fish keeper.

It would help them understand that what they thought was some pandemic killing all of the fish in their tank was really the result of water quality issues not a specific pathogen.

It is why experienced fish keepers rarely deal with disease or use medications. It is not because experienced fish keeper's fish don't have the same parasites, fungus, and bacteria everyone else has. It is just that without the added stress of water quality issues, these problem never manifest themselves.

But one more thing, somehow when my knowledge is passed to the novice fish keeper, none of my silly biases, prejudices, arrogance and outdated thinking were also passed.🙂

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I want to be able to improve water quality just by touching it. Dip my finger in and *poof* instant fresh clean water again. The fish would have a water change without ever having to actually remove or add water. Could also come in handy in a end of the world type scenario as well. Unlimited drinking water.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, akconklin said:

If my power needs to have any basis in reality, I'd say I'd have at my command an army of Assassins...well Assassins SNAILS, that is.

But I would only use my power for good, I promise! 😁

Careful, they can't be trusted. Mine were having a meeting the other night, planning a coup I'm sure. 

IMG_20200923_134050.jpg

• Haha 2

On 10/23/2020 at 9:03 PM, Sol said:

I would just straight up be a waterbender....anyone familiar with ATLA (Avatar: The Last Airbender)?

I can only imagine how helpful this would be for fishkeeping. Water changes in a pinch! Control the water in your plants!

Plus it doubles as just an epic superpower and method of defense.

2085694203_LOKWaterbender.gif.e446611c215f88cba1ca6c58352f4943.gif

And dominate squirt-gun fights.

• Like 1

I would love to reality bend my aquarium into whatever I wanted it to be that day. I suffer from MTS (multiple tank syndrome) As many of us do so if I could just look at my tank and have a 90 gallon community tank go to a rack of ten gallon betta tanks in an instant would be really fun. the moment I decide I want it to change I could just do it with my mind and I would have a fully set up and already beautiful 300 gallon reef tank. It would help me to narrow down what I'm really interested in.

• 1 month later...
On 10/23/2020 at 9:57 PM, StephenP2003 said:

Maybe instant-diagnosis. Like "this rainbow fish has xyz strain of this gram negative bacterial infection" or "this crypt needs 50% more iron" or "this guppy wants food" or "this guppy also wants food." 

I just want @StephenP2003 to know that in my guppy laden house "this guppy also wants food" is something my kiddo and I have come to say (and chuckle about) daily.

• Haha 1