Water changes and decholrination

John J

Afternoon all,
When doing significant water changes, 15% or more, I typically add decholrinator to the water in a bucket before adding to the tank.  However, lifting 5, 5-gallon buckets gets tiring.  Do any of you successfully add the water directly to the tank via hose and add dechlorinator at the same time?
Thanks!  Happy "fishing"

Katherine above does it the same way I do it. I use a python for my larger tanks and just pause the water flow, add Prime, then turn it back on. Easy peasy. When I do smaller changes on the 20g I will usually dose the bucket at you do though. Both ways are fine but adding to the bucket makes my brain feel better about it. 😜

I just add the dechlorinator to the tank (as @Katherine said dose to treat full tank volume). Then just run a hose. I use prime so for my largest tank is about a capful

However the use of chlorine is seems very different in the UK and the amount added to my water is significantly lower and my particular water company does not use chloramin. So I caveat this advice with check your tap and make sure nothing bonkers is going on.