Rainbow Fish Disease

john2436753

I was hoping for you to help me clarify that it is velvet and to see if you agree with my treatment method. Currently, I have added Ich X and 2 tablespoons of salt per gallon of water. Additionally, the water temperature is at 84. Sadly, they have only gotten worse.

IMG_2367.PNG

I am so sorry that this happened to your fish. I have lost three bettas to velvet. From the photo, it almost looks like velvet to me (I have seen it more as a gold or rusty color). I hope some disease gurus can chime in soon. Could you also include some more symptoms for incoming people to read?

I remember asking Cory on a livestream about treating velvet and he talked about how it really is a hard disease to treat. 

In addition to what you already have, I might suggest blacking out the tank (the parasites are dinoflagellates) and consider using a copper-based medication. I do not have any experience with any copper medications (including brand, dosing, etc.) so try at your own risk. 

Edited by AnimalNerd98

Some people have told me that this is ich.  I have dealt with ich many times. This just doesn’t seem like it because of the tenacity in which it is attacking the fish with the medication‘s I’m using. This is a picture from earlier today to show how much worse it has gotten over one night even with the use of ich x and salt.

FAD3542A-3ACE-4D56-9EBA-78E06D74959B.jpeg

I have seen this on you tube it looks like ick but its not .   the sickness starts with an "E" the medicine for ick will not cure it i remember they said turning down the heat is one part of the cure. I will look it up on you tube and get the name .