Upgraded to 75 Gallon - new tank mates

Nate710

I just upgraded my tank from a 55 to a 75 gallon yesterday. With so much more room for activities, I’d love to get some advice on what would be good additions. Here’s what it’s currently stocked with:

5- black/white skirt tetras

4- pictus catfish

2- blue acaras 

1- dwarf gourami 

1- green tiger barb

1- super red pleco

image.gif.6f891b0bf6f551a7c83bd0b86cc7659b.gif

D5CD0E48-54E1-4E15-B718-ABC3CE449E01.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well I would start off by getting at least 5 more green tiger barbs. They are a schooling fish which means they generally like groups of six or more to be extra happy. I then would get some more black and white skirt tetras to make a group of six for each. I think that would look real good. 

• Like 1

A handful more green tiger barbs would be great depending on what else you do.  The black/ white skirts should shoal together as I think they are the same species so you are probably goodish there- maybe a few more if you want.  I’ve never known them to be jumpers but sounds like you have experience with them.  

if you rehome the barb instead of expanding, you may be able to do some angelfish.  Skirt tetras can also be nippy in my experience but I haven’t had them with angels and they may not mess with them some they are larger.   Worth doing more research if you go that route though.

Some larger schooling fish could be nice. Like rainbowfish, Congo tetras, or roseline sharks. 

• Like 1