Repashy Community Plus

asondhi

After all the glowing reviews about repashy and the superior nutrition compared to standard pellets, I decided to get myself some community plus for my 29g community tank. 

It's probably the first food I've fed that my candy cane tetras won't devour... In fact, most of my fish don't go crazy for it or even give it more than a few pecks. I've fed large amounts, to pieces the size of a quarter and every time there is always food left 2-3 days later until it falls apart into my substrate. 

Am I missing something? Is it so nutrient dense that it makes my fish feel full after a few bites? What are your experiences with it? 

I really like the idea of the community plus blend and would love for repashy to be my primary diet with supplemented frozen foods- it's one of the only ways I can think of to let all my fish get a fair share of food without my tetras stealing it all. Should I try one of the other varieties? 

I had to use a spoon to put in small bits, just larger than their regular pellets, to teach my fish that it was food. After doing that a few times they'll now go after it if I put chunks in.

If that doesn't work maybe try another type.

I've also seen it suggested to try it with a different powder to water ratio if you're having issues. If you did 1 part powder to 2 parts water you could try 1:3 or vice versa.

Edited by Katherine
typos
  • Thanks 1

I find that when i've been feeding my fishes one sort of food regardless of how good/bad it is for the fish - it sometimes take a while to switch them to a different type of food - no matter how good or bad it might be for the fish. 

On 8/7/2022 at 9:43 AM, lefty o said:

my pleco's like it, but the rest of the fish are indifferent to it. they may peck at it once or twice, but its not a big hit.

Yeah same dice for me

On 8/7/2022 at 8:47 AM, Katherine said:

I had to use a spoon to put in small bits, just larger than their regular pellets, to teach my fish that it was food. After doing that a few times they'll now go after it if I put chunks in.

If that doesn't work maybe try another type.

I've also seen it suggested to try it with a different powder to water ratio if you're having issues. If you did 1 part powder to 2 parts water you could try 1:3 or vice versa.

This is such a good idea tysm!! I never considered