Thoughts on Biotopes?

Friller

Hi, all I'm just wondering what everyone else thinks of biotopes?

I personally love them.

I've had biotopes for White clouds, and my current Macleay River Turtle tank is a biotope as well.

Edited by Friller
  • Like 2

Agreed! I am all about the Biotopes. In fact, I’m in the process of building a biotope gallery fish room. Half the fun is researching the environments and finding the fish, plants, substrate, etc of that special part of a river, lake or stream. 

• Like 1

On 8/6/2022 at 7:43 PM, Biotope19 said:

Agreed! I am all about the Biotopes. In fact, I’m in the process of building a biotope gallery fish room. Half the fun is researching the environments and finding the fish, plants, substrate, etc of that special part of a river, lake or stream.

Do you find a better understanding/appreciation for the regions you research? Or strictly fish and river way info?

On 8/7/2022 at 9:38 PM, Colu said:

Love biotope aquariums heiko bleher biotopes is a great book if your in interested in biotope aquariumsIMG_20220807_123751.jpg.b5e826d08778eacb880bc35ccff410b2.jpg

One of my favourite books. Got my self a copy a while back. Sits next to Amano’s book and the Blue Book (Australian keeping)

• Like 3

Hi Opie,

Yes, for sure! I find that as I am researching and gathering information about a specific region or body of water I certainly end up learning about the history, people, plants and animals of that area of the world.

Hi Colu,

Yes, I have that book as well. Tons of great information!

Hi Brandon p,

Agreed, I think botanical aquariums of all kinds are fascinating. I am developing a South American biotope now. It is of the upper Solimoes (Amazon) River in Peru. This particular part of the river is considered 'whitewater' because of the muddy coloration from all the sediment washed down river from the Andes Mountains.

• Like 2