Hello from London UK

Aero

Hi all,

New to this and have so far found this channel to be a great resource.

I inherited a tank that was left behind at the place I have just moved to and I figured I would give it a go.

I watched a few videos and didn't rush out to buy what I thought would fit in to the small tank 20Lt/5Gal.

Instead, I bought a few plants a filter, some substrate and a heater and I've been running the tank for a month now to establish it.

The plants are growing and the tank seems to be stable.

So here is the big question...Originally, I want to put some Neon Tetras in there as I thought that they would be small enough, thinking that was all I needed to think about, but the more I look in to the subject the more they seems that they not to be the best choice for a tank this size and this will affect their wellbeing.

I would like to keep more than one single fish if this would be possible.

So what would your advice be?

Look forward to hearing from you.

And thanks in advance.

Aero

7C5B1436-18F2-4366-B962-48565335DD04.JPG.017975bb9c2bbed8b605069ede796b2e.JPG

Edited by Aero
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Welcome I have a 20litre tank and over the years it has housed.

Pygmy corys I think there was about 8 they got moved into my community tank when I got some Pygmy Puffers (awesome but hard too feed so not recommended as a beginner fish).

A Betta worked quite well but you want multiple fish so not really for you .

It's currently my shrimp tank that is pretty interesting.

There are a few small fish you can use Enders might be a good starter (but be sure to stick with single sex).

Pygmy corys are a lot more fun than they look in the shop btw.

This might help 

Small tanks can be tricky so start with a small number of fish and build slowly. 

Edited by Flumpweesel
Words made no sense
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Small tanks are the hardest. I would rather have a giant tank. However small tanks can be super fun. I love the idea of the take Pygmy corys. If you have enough plants you can have shrimp with the Pygmy corys just buy adult shrimp and let them have bay shrinp. The Cory might eat some babies but in general my shrimp have out paced the fish.

someone is going to say betta, I’m not a fan but to each his own. I even have some but they sort of sit around. If you like that them that’s ok I like more movement corys will do that , endlers, chili rasbora, white clouds, and I think you are ok with a 5 or 6 neon tetras. Not all these in one tank but some options 

Edited by Brandon p
  • Thanks 1

I put 6 tiny Chilli Rasboras and 5 Orange shrimp in on Saturday along with a couple of larger plants and a black background.

Been watching the water parameters daily, all seems good so far.

So happy to bring it fully to life.

IMG_2741 copy.jpg

• Like 5