Feeding Repashy Community Plus

FLFishChik

I think it can be used daily if you were so inclined. I personally rotate it with dry foods just to keep my tanks conditioned/accepting a food I can easily use in auto feeders or ones a fish sitter can easily feed (vacations, etc). Otherwise one could feed out things like Repashy and live foods everyday. 

• Like 1

On 8/4/2022 at 5:14 AM, FLFishChik said:

How often can I feed this to my community tank? I’m trying to add it to their food rotation and just curious as if twice a week is good? Once a week?

I would try for at most every other day, better is 2-3x a week.  My fish tend to ignore it the more it's fed, especially back to back.  They do enjoy it, but their..... enthusiasm definitely slows down if you feed it too often.

On a good week, I'll feed it at night, every other day just because the fish that don't eat during the day will be fed and can eat in comfort without anyone to stir up the noise or anything like that.

I tend to do frozen in the mornings (alternating with the staple foods) and then at night I'll try to fit in a pinch of some dry food or repashy.  If the weather is good they get worms.

• Love 1

On 8/4/2022 at 8:11 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

I would try for at most every other day, better is 2-3x a week.  My fish tend to ignore it the more it's fed, especially back to back.  They do enjoy it, but their..... enthusiasm definitely slows down if you feed it too often.

On a good week, I'll feed it at night, every other day just because the fish that don't eat during the day will be fed and can eat in comfort without anyone to stir up the noise or anything like that.

I tend to do frozen in the mornings (alternating with the staple foods) and then at night I'll try to fit in a pinch of some dry food or repashy.  If the weather is good they get worms.

So, the repashy just came in the mail today and I mixed some up and tried it in each tank (29g community - 1 Betta, 16 Cardinal Tetra, 6 Pandas, 8 Ghost Shrimp, 5 Nerites, 5.5g Betta w/ ghost shrimp and 1 Nerite, and 3g Cherry Shrimp tank)

The 3g Cherry Shrimp tank were all over it like it was candy (hoping they'll give me babies now since there aren't any other creatures in the tank but them). 5.5g Betta tank the Betta was not interested, Nerite hasn't realized it's there, the Ghost Shrimp were good with it. 29g Community Tan, Corydoras picked at it a bit, Ghost Shrimp liked it, Betta is guarding one small cube of it and nibbling, Cardinal Tetras aren't interested... and again, Nerites don't even know it's there (they aren't the smartest invertebrates). I'm hoping they'll get the hang of it when I try it again in a couple days

Edited by FLFishChik
  • Like 2