Snailers Annonymous

Cinnebuns

Panda cories have their post, now snails have theirs!  

I call all those with a snail addiction.  Do you giggle at shells?  We have a place for you! Whether it's voluntary or thrust upon you from getting plants, I'm speaking to all of you with a tank full of snails! 

Let us share our love and hate of all things snails!

I start this meeting speaking of the impulse buy. I have a story:

Occasionally I can't sleep. When I can't sleep I get tired. If that tired is accompanied by boredom or sadness, I sometimes buy snails. It's a thing that happens. Well, I decided awhile ago that I wouldn't mind a female purple or blue. Female specifically is hard to just find since most people sell them at a younger age. While browsing eBay I saw a seller I have bought magenta snails from before is also selling purple. I decided to bid. The post already had 3 bids. I put in my bid of $21. Then I noticed there is a 2nd post with no bids at $15. Realizing I could have saved $6 I did the logical tired brain thing and bid on that one as well. If i do win both I have space for them for sure but idk if I actually want both lol. Maybe it will work out and was meant to be who knows!

Also, today I noticed my ramshorns are producing purples!!  I now have red, blue, brown, ivory and purple!!  I had a little photo opp too. Here's the 4 colors. I didn't take a pic of brown but tbh some of them are a copper color which is super pretty imo. The purple one doesn't look purple too much yet but as it's gets bigger the red and the blue will mix making purple!

20220802_231348.jpg

20220802_164843.jpg

20220802_164535.jpg

20220802_164311.jpg

Edited by Cinnebuns
  • Love 1

I miss my nerite. I called him Snowpatch because of the white bit of shell that got flaked off before I took him home to my crushed coral goldfish tank.

Best mawn lower of green spot algae I ever had...you are missed, my snaily friend. May you glide over the endless fields of gastropod heaven and nom your name in all the rocks.

• Like 1