Is my platy pregnant???

Phoenixtx01

Ok so we had fry and they are starting to look orange after a few weeks... now this platy looks pregnant and I’m assuming the black dots are eyes and her belly is getting square... is she pregnant and how long until she lets them out? Also fun fact I’ve had these guys for 3 months and honestly they both look like females.... life finds a way 

4DB29024-821F-427E-B153-8FA7B67587D7.jpeg

The platy definitely has a gravid spot. She looks really fat as well. I would say she it pregnant. She might be stressed or the fry are being eaten. If she is stressed in any way, she might not release the fry. You could try to put her in a bucket with some floating plants if you wanted fry. Also, do you have a hang on back filter? If that is the case, I would put a sponge around the filter intake to make sure that no fry get sucked up. 

Have a pre filter sponge on my HOB, the last fry have been in the tank for about 3 weeks and 2 are left probably because of my gourami... I’m thinking of putting her in a breeder box to let the fry drop and not get eaten... I don’t want to put her in there that long.. is she close to giving birth?