Dosing Easy Green Liquid Fertilizer

So I have a 29g tank and have been dosing easy green once weekly right after I do a 25% - 30% water change. I dose the recommended 2 drops per gallon. Would it make a difference if instead of dosing all at once each week, I split it up to 1/3 dose three times weekly? Would it be any more or less beneficial?

On 7/25/2022 at 10:41 AM, Scapexghost said:

Probably not a noticable difference but it will make the nitrate levels fluctuate less significantly which is good.

Well, that could help me since I have high nitrates when I dose after a water change!

I flip back and forth and I've settled on mid-week dosing.  (dosing 2x a week).

My logic is that I can dose less and better test / track how the plants are doing.  If I do a WC and I see 0 nitrates or I see 10-20 nitrates, then I dose and things go up to 40 ppm or so, I still have a ton of nitrates in the water day to day and I'm not doing a good job of keeping "clean water".  The goal is to make sure the plants have access to nutrients, not just nitrates.  So keeping the nitrates lower, dosing more often, tracking that food source for the plants a bit better, it means that I know the plants have the micro/macro they need at a bare minimum and that the nutrients are coming from dosing and not something like overfeeding, stress, bad water, etc.

• Like 1