My USB Nano air pump keeps turning off?

Cole.S

I have had my Nano air pump for about 3 months or so. First thing I noticed about it was that it would randomly turn off. Of course I can normally turn it on with a smack. Sometimes I have to unplug the tubing and then smack it again😂. I have it connected to a aquarium  co op nano sponge filter. Maybe it’s getting clogged? I just got back from a one week vacation to find it off. My fish are fine but I just wanna know if I can fix it? Its getting irritating It’s starting to get so bad where I leave for 10 mins after turning it back on and find it off again! Please someone help!! This is my first time using this so hopefully I put this in the right spot😂

On 7/24/2022 at 1:46 PM, Cole.S said:

I have had my Nano air pump for about 3 months or so. First thing I noticed about it was that it would randomly turn off. Of course I can normally turn it on with a smack. Sometimes I have to unplug the tubing and then smack it again😂. I have it connected to a aquarium  co op nano sponge filter. Maybe it’s getting clogged? I just got back from a one week vacation to find it off. My fish are fine but I just wanna know if I can fix it? Its getting irritating It’s starting to get so bad where I leave for 10 mins after turning it back on and find it off again! Please someone help!! This is my first time using this so hopefully I put this in the right spot😂

I had the same thing happen to the 3/4 pumps I had after like 2 weeks. I contacted support and they provided me refunds and I decided to get the bigger air pump which is significantly better. In my opinion, the nanos are better for temporary use but some people have them on for a long time with no issue. They have a year warranty so they will probably ship you new ones or provide a refund if that’s the route you go 

• 3 months later...

I've experienced the same issue. I have 2 currently, one is hooked up to a size small Aquarium Co-op sponge filter and has been running strong for over a year now. Has never shut off or gotten weaker etc. My second one would randomly turn off in my 14G so I packed it up for a while. Just set it up purely as an airstone on Friday and was working flawlessly. Tuesday morning (today) I wake up and it's off, and I am having to go through the routine of smacking it, unplugging it etc to get it back on. Seems to be shutting off every 10-20 minutes or so. I love these for how quiet they are and the versatility of being able to take one and go haul fish to a show. I've checked mine for clogs, calcium build up etc but it's all good. I don't know why some work perfectly and others have these weird issues.