Get an aquarium, they said

darkG

On 12/20/2021 at 11:08 PM, drewzero1 said:

Mine climbs fairly often, but doesn't usually get more than 6 inches up on the glass. When I had it in my 20 long it made it to the top once or twice. My nerites definitely eat off of the glass more often/effectively, but I haven't added any to this tank yet. The herc is usually found digging in the substrate,  climbing on driftwood, or hiding in the teacup.

IMG_20210825_210031__01__01.jpg.3335b381c5da81a9bcefe726dadee423.jpg

IMG_20210909_175130.jpg.580bd4a9b31b709d11a40e27d530ed3a.jpg

IMG_20211212_202756__01__01.jpg.cb27b24d4df41efe3295001aa764edb2.jpg

I think I have some Hercules snails, in addition to MTS.... I kept getting told MTS don't glass surf or climb, but mine do.

Maybe because mine aren't MTS? Maybe they are actually Hercules?

• Like 1

This came out of what was given to me as a MTS..... but they are all over the tank and **very** active during the day. I have others that are a little darker, significantly less "chunky", and almost always buried (I watch them make furrows just below the surface in the Walstad) and I have another sub group that have white/cream with dark hash marks that are buried in the sand in my Patient Spouse™'s tank... and then I have a few chunky golden ones like this... who are rarely buried.

20220413_223135.jpg.9b73c7485c40e454a27c269207614e68.jpg

Below my 'misbehaving MTS" is a Lymnaea who always comes to the surface at feeding time.

• 3 months later...
On 7/27/2022 at 8:47 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

Wow!  That's amazing.  I need to get mine to do this!!!!

Very beautiful photo.

Thank you!

I wonder if it happened thanks to borderline overgrown tank status, it could kind of brace itself on the tangle of mostly Rotala rotundifolia. It may also have tried really hard to get to the light, again because of the coverage. Or it was simply about time 🙂 but it seems to me they aren't rigid enough to stand tall above water without some scaffolding...

Edited by darkG

On 7/27/2022 at 12:20 PM, darkG said:

I wonder if it happened thanks to borderline overgrown tank status, it could kind of brace itself on the tangle of mostly Rotala rotundifolia. It may also have tried really hard to get to the light, again because of the coverage. Or it was simply about time 🙂 but it seems to me they aren't rigid enough to stand tall above water without some scaffolding...

I just got a specific variety of Bacopa (purple) and Caroliniana is one of my favorites! I'm excited to see it flower one day now.  Amazing stuff.  I've only ever gotten anubias to do it for me.