Assassin Snail Storage

Cinnebuns

I put in an online order in with a friend to save on shipping. The stuff got delivered to me yesterday. He was unable to pick it up yesterday and hasn't contacted me today. I am conflicted on how to deal with the assassin snails. 

So far I have kept them in the bag because I expected him to pick them up up. I don't think I want to keep them in the bag too long so they don't die. Most of my tanks have snails in them so not a place I want the assassins. There are 3 options. But none ideal

1.  10 gallon with neo shrimp, cory eggs and cory fry. Would they eat any of these 3?

2.  5 gallon hospital tank with salt. Would that kill the assassins?

3.  20 gallon tank where I can move the 2 snails currently in there. Probably best option. It does have a HOBB filled with baby mystery snails but I assume the assassins can't get in there. 

Edit to add: shortly after writing this I realized I have an empty HOBB. I'm assuming that's actually my best option assuming they don't get out. Anything I can feed them?  Shrimp pellets maybe? I know nothing about assassin snails

Edited by Cinnebuns

You should be able to keep them in about any decent sized container for a day or so in some tank water.  Even a very small bucket unless it’s an enormous number of snails.  Half a gallon to a gallon of water should be plenty.  Shouldn’t need a filter but an airstone might be helpful as insurance.

On 7/23/2022 at 4:32 PM, Pepere said:

Any chance you have a plastic tote you could put in to service as a temp measure?  In current heat likely would not need a heater, and a few snails would not likely bea big enough bioload that a filter would be needed.  An air stone offa splitter mightwell fill the bill and a bit of water conditioner…

I blast my AC and it's super cold in my apt tbh. Currently they are floating in a bag in a tank for temp. 

On 7/23/2022 at 4:33 PM, Odd Duck said:

You should be able to keep them in about any decent sized container for a day or so in some tank water.  Even a very small bucket unless it’s an enormous number of snails.  Half a gallon to a gallon of water should be plenty.  Shouldn’t need a filter but an airstone might be helpful as insurance.

Ah this makes me remember I have a 2.5 gal tank in storage. That would work. Idk about temp tho cause I keep my place cold. 

What about feeding?  Would they eat shrimp pellets?