Computer help

Guppysnail

When I type a reply or a topic my keyboard comes up and takes up half the screen on my tablet.  More so on my phone. 
My eyes are not great and I can only see one or two lines of text at a time. Proofreading what I type is impossible.  I always have to edit but I can still only see a line or two so I need to edit 10 times (bad typist) or until I get tired of editing and say oh well they get the point. 

How can I make the keyboard smaller and text window larger so I can see what I type before I submit to proofread please? 

Thankfully auto correct hasn’t embarrassed me to bad. 

iPad mini 4 and iPhone 12 if that info is needed. 

Edited by Guppysnail

You can change the keyboard size in both Android and Apple devices, but without knowing what devices you're using the directions are different. If you do an online search for "Change keyboard size in (Android or iOS)" depending on which you're using, you should find step-by-step directions and even videos on how to do it.

On 7/19/2022 at 8:38 AM, gardenman said:

You can change the keyboard size in both Android and Apple devices, but without knowing what devices you're using the directions are different. If you do an online search for "Change keyboard size in (Android or iOS)" depending on which you're using, you should find step-by-step directions and even videos on how to do it.

Thank you. 

Does anyone know how to do the link in the signature.  When I try the entire thread shows up. I keep getting @Streetwise to fix my mess up attempts.  I really would like to learn to do it myself. 

On 7/20/2022 at 9:04 AM, Katherine said:

Your current link for your plant journal is this:

https://forum.aquariumcoop.com/topic/21031-plant-nutrients/

You'll want to delete the / and add this:

?do=getNewComment

So your new link would be this:

https://forum.aquariumcoop.com/topic/21031-plant-nutrients?do=getNewComment

Thank you. Can you write one of those for my viviparus one please?  That’s the one I’m trying to put in my signature.  If I paste that info does not show only the big thread picture. So you see the words already in my signature then the big square with the thread like this below is what shows in my signature instead of underlined words.  Can I copy and paste it when you do?  Computers are my nemesis. 

@Katherine I think I got new comment thing in journal and plant one. Could you check?  @Minanora helped me get the Viviparus up but when I went to do your new comment thing it looked different so I don’t want to mess it up. How do I fix this one? NEVER MIND I FIGURED IT OUT  I FEEL LIKE DA COMPUTER WHIZ KID NOW 🤣

image.jpg

Edited by Guppysnail
  • Like 2

Edit: It might just be showing up that way because it's the most recent comment for me. It is not taking me to the beginning of the thread.

It looks like your viviparous link is going to a specific comment. Try this:

https://forum.aquariumcoop.com/topic/25183-viviparus-viviparus-snails-another-adventure?do=getNewComment

Your plant nutrient one maybe as well? It's hard to tell.

It should be this:

https://forum.aquariumcoop.com/topic/21031-plant-nutrients?do=getNewComment

Edited by Katherine
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/19/2022 at 7:44 AM, Guppysnail said:

When I type a reply or a topic my keyboard comes up and takes up half the screen on my tablet.  More so on my phone. 
My eyes are not great and I can only see one or two lines of text at a time. Proofreading what I type is impossible.  I always have to edit but I can still only see a line or two so I need to edit 10 times (bad typist) or until I get tired of editing and say oh well they get the point. 

How can I make the keyboard smaller and text window larger so I can see what I type before I submit to proofread please? 

Thankfully auto correct hasn’t embarrassed me to bad. 

iPad mini 4 and iPhone 12 if that info is needed. 

I use a keyboard on my ipad, but when the battery is dead, I use a small keyboard to type.

Basically, make the keyboard come up by trying to type something, and hole the “minimize keyboard” Button for a few seconds. Then slide your finger up to choose what size you want. My favorite is “Floating”, but the others are nice as well. To restore the standard keyboard, do the same process, but click either “dock” or drag the floating keyboard to the bottom.

B6C90378-5B2D-4A04-8DEA-407A515769AE.png

• Thanks 1

@Guppy GuyThanks I made it tiny floating to see what it looked like on mine. Now the minimize button disappeared so I cannot revert back. How do I go back. The floaty one is great but small. My old eyes are not that good. I don’t know what a dock button is and dragging it down did nothing 

7A70C76B-90BB-496A-879D-6FE39F54465C.png

Edited by Guppysnail

Do you see the small bar at the bottom? It is highlighted in the picture. Touch that, and drag it to the bottom fairly quickly. The old keyboard should reappear. 

D7D96423-429E-4917-9D90-ADD52E04A8DA.jpeg

Edited by Guppy Guy
Un-edited pic needed to be edited
  • Love 1

On 7/20/2022 at 11:17 AM, Guppy Guy said:

Did you try the “split” keyboard? It’s a little bigger, and you may like it better. 

If you don’t like it, hold the “minimize keyboard” key, and click “dock and merge”

On my tablet I love the floating one. On my phone I can’t see the split or floating 🤷‍♀️ I really appreciate everyone’s help 🤗

I personally don’t use an iphone, so I’m not sure if it has the floating one or not. I would assume it doesn’t, since the screen is already so small, but I may be wrong.

You could also try typing in both landscape and portrait mode, as one of them will surely give you better results then the other. 

• Thanks 1