Enjoying the Live Streams with the Forum

Streetwise

Since the inception of this forum, the Co-Op live streams have been more fun and relaxing to watch, lurk, and chat. In 'the before time', I remember just hoping that Cory might see my question and answer it. Now I see lots of folks who I know from here, and I like trying to help people in the chat with questions that Cory has answered a million times, so we can hear him answer new questions, and discuss new topics.

I also like watching Candi and the other moderators work. I'll see a troll post or a spam post, and start a countdown in my head: 5, 4, 3, deleted!

Thank you!

Edited by Streetwise
  • Like 6

I don't get to join in on the live streams often, unfortunately, the timing usually doesnt work with my schedule, but it is fun to interact with no just Cory but everyone else that is in the stream chatting with one another. I do download the streams when they're released in podcast form and listen while I am at work mowing.

You are braver than I am, @Streetwise. The live chat goes far tooooo fast for me to keep up! 😁 But I love watching it all scroll by while listening. And I'm recognizing names from the forum too. I announce it to my husband every time I see a "forum friend".

I'm grateful for all the information & knowledge that I can glean from all of it. My growing number of fish say "thank you!" 🤩

• Like 2

I think it is good that more Co-Op viewers are joining the forum. I think anything that needs paragraphs and photos fits a forum better.

I think this is giving a chance for more varied and interesting live-stream questions to come up. I enjoy it when Cory gets a chance to answer a stream question that turns into an interesting monologue about a particular aspect of the hobby, or the business.

Edited by Streetwise

On 10/22/2020 at 9:26 AM, Streetwise said:

I'll see a troll post or a spam post, and start a countdown in my head: 5, 4, 3, deleted!

I only manage to catch maybe 1 out of 10 troll posts. The mods are too quick, and it kinda bums me out sometimes. I don't know, sort of entertaining to see the ridiculous things people take the time to type. Maybe because it's sort of out of place, as Fishtube is among the least toxic communities on youtube, at least among the channels I watch. 

On 10/25/2020 at 10:36 PM, Streetwise said:

I think it is good that more Co-Op viewers are joining the forum. I think anything that needs paragraphs and photos fits a forum better.

I think this is giving a chance for more varied and interesting live-stream questions to come up. I enjoy it when Cory gets a chance to answer a stream question that turns into an interesting monologue about a particular aspect of the hobby, or the business.

I agree.  It's good to see the numbers coming over to the 'family'.  

To be good at something, like Cory with what he does, it has to come natural.  Often times, some folks try to 'make it work', but some are better or worse at it, obviously.

It's a big step to turn one's hobby into a career.  I often thought about different views on this issue, with my personal hobbies.

Asked myself:  "Do I want to turn an enjoyable hobby, possibly into something that will be a ton of work'?  

The 'helping people' aspect is the deciding factor for me.  It's truly in helping others, that's what makes anyone successful, not just the $$$$$ earned.  

• Like 2