Can someone let me know what I found in my tank.

Huckleberry

In one of my tanks, it is a ten gallon, I have re homed 5 penguin tetras. When i took them in originally i didn't know anything about schooling fish or anything about fish really. They were in my 37 gallon but were wreaking havoc on my live bearers. The penguins were pretty nasty. I them put them in a ten gallon I'm using to grow plants. 

Last night I discovered something in the tank I wasn't sure what it is. It is very small.I only know about live bearers, please excuse my ignorance. Ill post the tank and then then a picture of what im curious about. Thank you.20220713_202745.jpg.9e7ef9f872bf5fbff53d00fbca91d2f0.jpg20220713_202753.jpg.b03260cc8355c9699da27dea96fc32d7.jpg20220713_204957.jpg.c83f8db5f97606c6458553eaeeb5ace1.jpg

• Like 1

On 7/14/2022 at 11:39 AM, Huckleberry said:

In one of my tanks, it is a ten gallon, I have re homed 5 penguin tetras. When i took them in originally i didn't know anything about schooling fish or anything about fish really. They were in my 37 gallon but were wreaking havoc on my live bearers. The penguins were pretty nasty. I them put them in a ten gallon I'm using to grow plants. 

I agree it looks like fry or maybe some kind of larvae (tail seems weird for fish to me).  Do you see eggs at all, new plants added recently?

Maybe the aggression you saw was breeding behavior?

Edited by nabokovfan87

I've been breeding Molly's but this is way smaller than any fry I've seen, pretty positive its not that. There also wasn't any live bearers in the this tank. That picture is 10x zoomed, it is super super small and not as active as the cardinal tetras in the video but similar. It's was near the glass but it was also swimming around. The tank was set up may 16th. I put monte carlo and dwarf baby tears in around May 30th just to see if I could grow it. Never saw eggs but can't see too well in the scarlet temple. I will update if I find out anything more. Thanks a bunch.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...