Very stubborn fin rot

Any Huit

I have a purple female betta living alone with very stubborn fin rot! Does anyone have any advice?

Some background - I got Glimmer in January, and I put her in a 3 gallon. And until now (7 months later) she lived in that 3g with my parents because I went overseas.

During that time, I learned she needed more space and ideally horizontal swimming room, so the day I got back from abroad I bought her a new tank! But I also noticed on her bottom fin is very stubborn fin rot. I tried girltalksfish on YouTube's "how to cure fin rot the easy way" but sadly that didn't work. I've given her water changes and introduced a sponge filter with air stone (previously carbon), indian almond leaves, and am starting a new course of maracyn. Water tests for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, kh, and gh are normal/good. i use distilled water for filter changes and have given her some betta h20 conditioner and seachem stress guard. 

Her behavior looks good - good appetite (but I don't overfeed), lots of swimming, exploring her home. Maybe I'm impatient and regrowth takes more time? Any advice & patience is appreciated

Sincerely, a betta fish lover who wants to learn

Are the fins still deteriorating? Fin rot looks like the fins are melting away and look very ragged once it starts to heal the fins have a more defined shape.
If it still looks bad, you want to add some medication or at the very least Indian almond leaves to combat infection if any.

bettafix gets a bad rap but I find that it does help with fin regrowth, kordon fish protector is also good.

On 7/15/2022 at 11:47 AM, Barbvday said:

Are the fins still deteriorating? Fin rot looks like the fins are melting away and look very ragged once it starts to heal the fins have a more defined shape.
If it still looks bad, you want to add some medication or at the very least Indian almond leaves to combat infection if any.

bettafix gets a bad rap but I find that it does help with fin regrowth, kordon fish protector is also good.

Thanks! They look like they've stopped deteriorating, it's just kinda plateaued. It's mostly on her anal fin, and some of her dorsal fin. The parts of her that didn't get fin rot are her caudal fin, it's completely fine, and parts of her dorsal and the back part of her anal fin. Those good parts look radiant now! When she fans out, they're a bold rich purple color with a pink ombre on the ends. So it's such as shame that about 30% of her fins looks like a raggedy pirate flag 😞 

I will give bettafix a go! so far I've tried maracyn stressguard and almond leaves, plus her big tank upgrade & water changes.