What’s The Weather Like Where You Are?

FLFishChik

On 7/25/2022 at 8:32 AM, Flumpweesel said:

I wondered if that would catch anyone.😝

Actually, it got me too and for a hot second I was like “so they went from heatwave to mini freeze overnight?? Those poor people!!!” Then it finally dawned on me… CELSIUS! 😂 then I had to break out the conversion chart.

• Haha 1

• 5 months later...

Figured I would bring this back up now that the seasons have changed a bit.

South Carolina will always be the same. Friday, it was 70F, so I was in a T-shirt. Yesterday it was 50, so I was in a long-sleeved T-shirt, and today it is 30, so I am all bundled up.

Oh, and did I mention the January thunderstorm? Yeah, that was fun…. 

On 1/15/2023 at 2:04 PM, Guppy Guy said:

Figured I would bring this back up now that the seasons have changed a bit.

South Carolina will always be the same. Friday, it was 70F, so I was in a T-shirt. Yesterday it was 50, so I was in a long-sleeved T-shirt, and today it is 30, so I am all bundled up.

Same. Friday had the a/c o, Saturday and today the temp was 32 F when I got up. By Tuesday we'll be back in the mid 70's again.

On 1/15/2023 at 2:16 PM, FLFishChik said:

Same. Friday had the a/c o, Saturday and today the temp was 32 F when I got up. By Tuesday we'll be back in the mid 70's again.

Here too.  This time of year I wear out the button on the thermostat moving it from Heat to Cool and back.  Below is a screenshot from the local TV station a few years ago.

image.png.923c7617da928a7fae4bbef8bca1dcb3.png

• Haha 2

On 1/15/2023 at 2:04 PM, Guppy Guy said:

January thunderstorms are a great way to get the heart started at dawn!   Here in southern Ohio it isn't unusual to have 3 seasons in the same day.  Two nights ago it was 20 degrees with an icy glaze on everything.  Yesterday was 60 deg. with bright sun and pouring rain. Today the real rainstorms are predicted for the region.

Frosty with just enough snow or hail make things just awkward.

Highs can be 5C and lows anything down to -5C . So definitely big coat and wooly hat season

I shouldn't complain it will pass soon enough but I'm not a winter person but I pretty much sulk from first frost till spring. First bulbs are beginning to show now spring is getting closer.

And just like that, winter is over in FL 😂 this morning it was 60, this afternoon it was 74. Only going to get warmer through the weekend and into next week. A/C will be cranking again before you know it.

man, I do enjoy those 2 weeks in the fall and 2 weeks in the spring when the temps are so perfect you can open up the windows. Neither hot nor cold… nor humid.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It's been beautiful and warm and sunny the last couple days here in PNW. Ate out at a restaurant patio last night. And today I'm (hopefully) flying to Texas for a wedding and it's of course supposed to be crazy thunderstorms. Just keeping my fingers crossed!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Winter announced its arrival 6 days ago in SW Ohio.  A fierce cold damp wind around midnight.  60 degrees the next day quickly dropping to the mid teens.  Now we are bouncing between the 40's and 60's.  We had rumors of flurries, but the folks on the north end of the state got it a lot worse.