White Area!

Mark C.

Hey everyone, one of my Harlequin Rasboras has this white area on it's back and doesn't look like it will live because it's having trouble swimming. Anyone know what it could be and if I should be concerned for my other fish? Do I need to treat the tank with something?

IMG-2185.JPG

IMG-2186.JPG

IMG-2187.JPG

IMG-2188.JPG

IMG-2189.JPG

Edited by Mark C.

On 7/13/2022 at 6:25 AM, Colu said:

It could be Columnaris how long has your fish had the white is it eating ok and what are your water parameters @Mark C.

Hey, thanks for the reply. I only noticed the spot the day he started swimming funny and died the next day. I have very low KH so it's buffered with crushed coral in the HOB filter so my PH stays around 7 and my Nitrates are around 30 ppm. Zero for the Ammonia and Trites.

I'm just worried about the other fish in the tank, mainly my angel fish. They are acting fine and I don't see any discolorations on them at all. They are all eating fine. 

Should I treat the tank with someone just as precaution?

What I would do is monitor them closely and get holed of kanaplex and jungle fungus clear fizz tab contain nitrofurazone  just in case you need to treat and if you notice more fish developing the same symptoms then I would treat following this treatment plan nitrofurazone isn't shrimp or snail safe and can cause plants to melt back it's better to use in a quarantine tank

IMG_20220714_201545.jpg

Edited by Colu
  • Thanks 1