Plant addiction

My name is Beardedbillygoat and I have an addiction…..

Whether it’s plant auctions on FB or various online plant stores with flash sales they’ve got me at 2:1 deals, 20% off or free shipping. Always trying to get the plant auction for 11$ one dollar over the original asking price. 

Today’s haul was a flash sale of various Java ferns and bucephelandra. My cart was less than  80$ so I had to push it up to get free shipping. 

Man am I a sucker or what?

• Haha 2

On 7/9/2022 at 5:42 PM, Beardedbillygoat1975 said:

Whether it’s plant auctions on FB or various online plant stores with flash sales they’ve got me at 2:1 deals, 20% off or free shipping. Always trying to get the plant auction for 11$ one dollar over the original asking price. 

Today’s haul was a flash sale of various Java ferns and bucephelandra. My cart was less than  80$ so I had to push it up to get free shipping. 

Hi @Beardedbillygoat1975

The first step is admitting you have a problem.......

Actually we prefer to be called plantaholics, there is a 12 tank program that will help you control your addiction.  Once you've filled all the tanks and spent all your money you are cured!  lol -Roy

Edited by Seattle_Aquarist
  • Haha 6

On 7/9/2022 at 10:31 PM, Seattle_Aquarist said:

Actually we prefer to be called plantaholics, there is a 12 tank program that will help you control your addiction.  Once you've filled all the tanks and spent all your money you are cured!  lol -Roy

Not true! Once all the tanks are full, it's time to buy more tanks. .. or try our luck at your plant rack system!

• Haha 2

On 7/9/2022 at 7:42 PM, Beardedbillygoat1975 said:

I won't say where but I stumbled upon a little known site last night that offered very small portions of plants for just $1. Pretty handy for trying out something new or if you have the patience to propagate your own!  Tbh, I'm not entirely sure if I saved the site and will be able to find it again myself. I was pretty tired at the time lol

• Love 1

Thanks all I feel well supported and I’m definitely well on my way to beyond 12 steps! I think I’m up to 14 vessels with plants and fish. 

In all seriousness this sort of collectoritis doesn’t bother me because it’s something I can share with my wife and it makes such an impact on my tanks.

I actually stress more about the collectoritis with the fish. I get on jags with cats, livebearers and killis always with appropriate accommodations but im starting to think more about needing to focus my energies in a better way both for the animals and myself. 

Welcome Beardedbillygoat1975...

I just started in the planted tank hobby myself. Have one tank I just started and I'm already looking at other plants to try. No way I could fit anymore but I keep telling myself one more couldn't hurt!

• Like 1

On 7/10/2022 at 12:31 AM, Seattle_Aquarist said:

Hi @Beardedbillygoat1975

The first stem is admitting you have a problem.......

Whats the solution for us plantaholics that are limited to 1 or 2 small tanks? 

• Like 1

On 7/10/2022 at 12:13 PM, Seattle_Aquarist said:

Hi @JoeQ

I guess that would mean re-scaping on a weekly basis!  lol -Roy

Crap..... I was afraid you'd say that! Scaping; my LEAST favorite part of the hobby. Im almost willing to pay someone to rescape every 6 months while I just do the maintenance and watch my plants grow. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 7/10/2022 at 12:39 AM, nabokovfan87 said:

If you have any excess you aren't sure what to do with, but feel like you need to find a good home, I can help you out.

We've all been there. It's fun to get things.

And this is how it starts. “Plant pushers”… they give you a few, you know, to get you hooked. The next thing you know, your browsing plant auctions looking for your next leafy fix 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3