Pogostemon Stellatus Octopus question

Hello all! About a month ago I bought about 5 stems of pogo and instantly cut all but one into smaller pieces to get more background spread. The cuttings rooted quickly and produced about 2-3 small stems each where the cuts were made, but they have not really grown that much over these last couple of weeks. The one I didn't cut is already 3x it's original size. I keep the tank at low-medium light, add fertilizer/iron weekly and the leaves look very vibrant. Just wondering are they still adjusting? Has anyone ran into this? 

• Like 1

On 7/9/2022 at 7:52 PM, Paul R said:

Hello all! About a month ago I bought about 5 stems of pogo and instantly cut all but one into smaller pieces to get more background spread. The cuttings rooted quickly and produced about 2-3 small stems each where the cuts were made, but they have not really grown that much over these last couple of weeks. The one I didn't cut is already 3x it's original size. I keep the tank at low-medium light, add fertilizer/iron weekly and the leaves look very vibrant. Just wondering are they still adjusting? Has anyone ran into this? 

Sometimes it takes a minute. My pogo has periods of on and off rapid growth even though they’ve been established a while. The cuttings are probably adjusting

• Thanks 1

I trim and spread mine bi-weekly and used to have the same issue.  I passed it off as being "stressed" from the trim.  Then one day I added a root tab in the area around the newly planted stems.  BOOM!  Off to the races we went.  Give it a try. 

Probably still adjusting. Ther’s a saying in horticulture: First it sleeps, then it creeps, then it leaps. I’d guess you’re at the creeping stage with your PSO. Give it plenty of ferts and they should start to leap. Give it another month. 

• Thanks 2

On 7/9/2022 at 4:52 PM, Paul R said:

I keep the tank at low-medium light, add fertilizer/iron weekly and the leaves look very vibrant. Just wondering are they still adjusting? Has anyone ran into this? 

What is your light / settings?  My PSO loved light and grew tall to reach it.

On 7/9/2022 at 7:03 PM, Patrick_G said:

Give it another month. 

I would definitely keep an eye out for deficiencies and new growth and see what it does.  If you're not seeing new growth let us know.