Tank setup for autistic 4 year old?

Sugarfoot

Yea pearl danios are pearly and I think more similar to zebra danios in size/behavior. As in zooming around.

CPDs are dark and spotted orange, a little smaller and more shy, preferring lots of cover. They're also known as galaxy rasbora, which might help you differentiate when searching.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2022 at 7:33 AM, Sugarfoot said:

I thought maybe if I didn’t like it I could find someone who could use it 🤷🏻‍♀️ I saw things on the tidal - so with the 20 long you think I should have the tidal 55? Set it up say in the middle of the tank or to one side? And then setup my air stone on the other? Or have 2 smaller filters on both sides with maybe an air stone in the middle? 

I have a whole thread I'm working on "fixing" the tidal.  It's worth a look if you want to get one so you are aware of some of the issues with the filter.  BUT, out of the box, you get the filter, you can run just the Tidal55 without issue, you can run 2x the tidal 35's if you want to have "high flow" in the aquarium.  The smaller tidal 35 have an exposed pump so you might run into issues with small fish.  They both have the skimmer, you'll probably want to seal that off on the tidal 55.  I have photos and video on how to do that, very very easy, but it's an issue for a tank with small fish for certain.

If you get an aqueon, aquaclear, fluval, or some other HoB filter you'll likely have less issues with small fish.

You can set up something like the tidal 55 and probably have enough to circulate the entire tank, adding an airstone is a bonus but not required. It's useful to have on hand if you need to run meds and add aeration to the tank to help the fish. 

On my 29G I run the tidal 55 (it's a taller tank but same footprint as a 20L) and I just have the HOB centered and then have an airstone off to one side.

20220706_162559.JPG.ec9410d484f0f3a833e52b5d588b6584.JPG

Edited by nabokovfan87