The next "Easy" product - Potassium?

Hey everyone,

I am simply curious.  We have a ton of amazing planted tanks and it feels like the next step, if there ever was going to be one, would be an Easy Potassium.  Some plants need a bit more than usual and I think this is likely the only one you'd want to specifically dose / offer at times.  Maybe even something like the Nano version of Easy Green is a good way to offer this product?

Seachem has some of the liquid potassium available, that's honestly my only barometer for what could be useful to singularly dose to fix common plant deficiencies.

What is the most common deficiency?  What is the one that makes the most sense for the next product in the line?

• Like 1

100 Agreed.  This is why I've brought us all here... 😂

Council_of_Elrond_-_FOTR.png.2c25e6e491a72fd8b3b0ada9cb5c2cb0.png

I assume there's a good reason why we have the 3 bottles available.  Just thinking, what on earth would even make sense for a 4th.  Maybe it's just a mix of 2-4 common deficiencies for when the plants need a boost?  I'm not sure. I am someone who just wants to have a nice tank, let it do it's thing, and let it be well.  Something like a dosing pump, whenever I do have one of those, makes my life a bit easier and I can passively give the tanks what they need.

I wish I was better at plants and something like easy green has made that remotely possible.  There's a big responsibility to calling something "Easy" and I know Cory and the ACO take that pretty seriously and spend a lot of time trying to get everything right for the consumers!  It's not an easy task, that's for sure.

• Like 1

I think it’s a good idea. I used to dose Leaf Zone alongside Easy Green and then switched to Seachem potassium, and now APT 1. All to get a bit more potassium for my Java Ferns. Antidotally I think the Leaf Zone worked the best.  

I asked Cory about it last fall. He said it wasn’t something they had in the pipeline, but I also asked about a Nano Easy Green and he said that wasn’t upcoming so I guess things can happen. I’ve got my fingers crossed for Easy K and Easy Micros. 

• Like 1

On 7/8/2022 at 6:25 PM, Patrick_G said:

I asked Cory about it last fall. He said it wasn’t something they had in the pipeline, but I also asked about a Nano Easy Green and he said that wasn’t upcoming so I guess things can happen. I’ve got my fingers crossed for Easy K and Easy Micros. 

Yep! I think having time and having more members on the team has really helped them to focus on developing products, which is cool. Especially for partner stores.

For reference's sake, here's the directions on Easy Iron.

Recommended Dosing Instructions:

Dose 1 pump per 10 gallons 1 to 3 times per week as needed.

Each pump is 1ml and adds 0.26 ppm of iron. When in doubt, start low and increase the dosage after 2 weeks. 

Watch for signs of overdosing such as an increase in filamentous or hair algae. Excessive amounts of iron can be attributed to algae overgrowth in planted tanks.

Treats 5000 gallons. 

We recommend ensuring the tip of the pump is clean of debris. Wiping the tip after each use helps prevent a mineral crust from the fertilizer from developing. If this happens and the pump gets blocked up, it can cause the fertilizer to come out in a random direction.

I like the part where it says "look out for signs of"

• Like 1