Guppy Floater

Gestaltgal

We have a guppy that we have decided to name "Bob" because she just seems to bob like a cork. It started about 7 days ago. She was bobbing in a corner and appeared very skinny, so I put her in a separate container. She just kind of floated there, barely breathing, so I assumed I was too late and that the poor thing would pass away over night. 

After the last few days, she seems much happier, swimming around her little box and eating. She isn't as skinny anymore. She even chases the little babies that wiggle in with her, but she is still bobbing up to the surface. 

All tank parameters are well within range, and we treated it and her with Maracyn and Paracleanse from Fritz as a precaution. All other fish are happy, swimming, and eating.

I've read about giving a mushy pea to help with any swallowed air issues, but I'm worried about how that will go with how small she is.

Does anybody have recommendations?PXL_20220706_134136334.jpg.9ad534ed8884ac8ca0d39915652f51fa.jpg

PXL_20220706_134125932_MP.jpg.6034961f56aa8519caf3e3430d816fec.jpg

What you want to do is Epsom salt baths 1 table spoon for 2 gallons for no more than 15 minutes for a couple of days as Epsom salt acts as a muscle relaxants to help relieve pressure on the swim bladder 

Edited by Colu
Stupid auto correct
  • Like 1