Albino Cory Acting Peculiar

Darth Mollusk

I just moved my albino corys to a newer tank a few days ago with the same basic parameters as the old tank. (No nitrites, no ammonia, nitrates 10, PH 7.2-4, temp 76).

One of three albino cory cats has been swimming like mad, knocking off the thermometer and running along the tank walls. 

The problem is my vision is terrible and the fish are dang albino so it's hard to see something like ich.

The only thing I can see different from the others (whether this is new to this particular fish, idk) is a sort of nub on the dorsal fin.

I've separated him for now, but any insight would be very much appreciated. 

The other residents in the tank are mystery snails, nerite snails, amano shrimp, and panda corys. Everyone else seems fine.

Is this just a cory taking advantage of all the new space from a 20L to a 29?

BBC6A53E-00F7-4070-8EE7-C67F5CBDFFE3.jpeg

EA5DA7D2-3CB4-49E9-9C5E-11D151E7BC5B.jpeg

Edited by DarthMollusk

Is the light different in the new tank?  I moved miy panda from a 29 community to their own 20long. I have identical lights on both. The 20 being shorter it was much brighter. My pandas were not thrilled and stressed a bit. I notched the light down one setting and they calmed right down. My eyes are not great so I can’t see any nub. 

On 7/7/2022 at 7:36 AM, Guppysnail said:

Is the light different in the new tank?  I moved miy panda from a 29 community to their own 20long. I have identical lights on both. The 20 being shorter it was much brighter. My pandas were not thrilled and stressed a bit. I notched the light down one setting and they calmed right down. My eyes are not great so I can’t see any nub. 

Oh, that is a definite possibility. The plants haven't grown in so there's much less cover. Thank you!

• Like 1