Bead filter quanvee

Casual aquatics

We use the Ziss Bio Bubble filter from Aquarium Coop in our 29gal planted tank, which is similar to what you are interested in. It does a good job of adding air and some filtration. I would ideally like to add a sponge filter but running on this, the tank does just fine! 

• Like 1

Can anyone comment on the ziss moving bed filter? Specifically, I'd like to know if its bio filtration would be significantly superior to a medium co-op sponge filter. I'm already running a HOB but looking to help boost the bacteria potential in my pleco grow out tank. 

Also, many of the complaints seem to be about noise. Is it just a matter of ensuring appropriate airflow to fix the noise? 

11 hours ago, StephenP2003 said:

Can anyone comment on the ziss moving bed filter? Specifically, I'd like to know if its bio filtration would be significantly superior to a medium co-op sponge filter. I'm already running a HOB but looking to help boost the bacteria potential in my pleco grow out tank. 

Also, many of the complaints seem to be about noise. Is it just a matter of ensuring appropriate airflow to fix the noise? 

I have used the ziss for years and love it, they do not make very much noise, not silent but not loud. I ran overkill on my tank but I have a heavily stocked fancy goldfish tank filtered completely by ziss filters alone (well and plants) never had any issues in 2-3 years and the suction cups are still like cement. I would caution cause they are frequently bought together i wouldnt use the nano usb to provide air to it, the usb pump is amazing for sponge filters but just slightly to weak for the ziss filter.