Hello From St. Augustine, FL!

So glad to join this forum! I've been watching ACO YouTube videos for nearly 2 years and finally just started stocking my fully cycled 29g aquarium. I'm here to learn everything I can about keeping and caring for healthy fish from the wealth of knowledge available here and become an active member of this community!

• Like 1

On 7/1/2022 at 11:10 AM, FLFishChik said:

So glad to join this forum! I've been watching ACO YouTube videos for nearly 2 years and finally just started stocking my fully cycled 29g aquarium. I'm here to learn everything I can about keeping and caring for healthy fish from the wealth of knowledge available here and become an active member of this community!

Hello, glad to have you join. I'd love to see a photo of your tank and to know your stocking ideas so far!

On 7/4/2022 at 1:07 AM, Parakeett said:

Yay! Did you see the new club someone started - Space Coast Aquarium Society I think it was called, coop posted about it. I’m a little too far in Sarasota, but maybe close enough for you?

I did, I joined their FaceBook Page a few weeks ago! their meetup is about 1-1/2 hrs away, so might now be able to make it all that often, but it's nice to know one is kinda close!

On 7/4/2022 at 1:40 AM, dan12boy said:

Hello, glad to have you join. I'd love to see a photo of your tank and to know your stocking ideas so far!

I haven't any pics yet, but I currently have 6 Panda Corydoras, 15 Cardinal Tetras and 5 Nerite Snails. I will be adding a few ghost shrimp soon and lastly, a Betta - then I'll be complete (I've got a cycled 5 gallon just in case the Betta doesn't work out in the community tank or the Tetra start nipping).

On 7/4/2022 at 12:44 PM, FLFishChik said:

Here you go!

CD12CDE1-2B64-45CA-B654-EB28E3BBA4E8.jpeg

I think it looks great! Awesome scape too, the nerites should help a lot with any algae that might come about. Good luck with the ghost shrimp, I don't know why but I had bad luck with them and they all died, could be where I got them from since it's a petsmart that I know doesn't always have the best selection. Getting a short fin betta could reduce the chances of nipping since the betta wouldn't be as sluggish and I think the tetras also might not care as much for short fins? Might be wrong though.