Bjorn

• pH - 7.6 
  • Nitrates - 10 ppm
  • Hardness - 250 ppm
  • Nitrite - 0 ppm
  • Ammonia - 0ppm
  • KH/Buffer - 60 ppm
  • Water Temperature - 77f

image.jpeg.cb860270f815402062353a37d7ad8af1.jpegIMG-3882.jpg.cf6915e4538097957ce507eadd5fcaed.jpgIMG-3881.jpg.6adfd1dc4615954c4866bc365d6c82f7.jpg

These are new guppies from my LFS. I'm trying to add new genetics to my colony. They've been in quarantine in my bathroom in a 10 gallon. I got them 9 days ago and have been starting proactive treatments for diseases since I'm trying to be cautious.

• I started them out with 1Tbsp salt/3Gallons and have been water changing with 1Tbsp/2 Gallons.
  • This Tuesday 6/28 I finished their first treatment of Levamisole per Greg from Select Aquatic's instructions.
  • I was going to start a first treatment of Paracleanse (praziquantel & metronidazole) on Monday but today I noticed dark spots on 3 of the female guppy's tales. The guppy in the first image started first with a dark brown spot like the other two yesterday, but it is now larger and light red.

What do you think it is being caused by? What would you recommend my next course of action be?

On 7/1/2022 at 4:47 AM, Colu said:

Looks bacterial to me with the red patch I would treat with maracyn or kanaplex in food 

Good Ol' Colu always on here to help. I have maracyn. I'll use that. Thx Buddy.