Cant get rid of this algae

I have been back and forth trying to figure what exactly this is. I have tried treating it with peroxide and constant web searches and no results. It's somewhat easy to remove but very attached to plants.  When I take it out it has a blueish green hue to it. Any ideas or solutions 

20220622_083233.jpg

If you don’t mind removing the plant temporarily here is a method that is chemical free and does zero plant damage if you do try I hope you share your before and after photos on that thread  thanks  😊 

Edited by Guppysnail

Let me know if you have questions. Here is the actual process

Soak plant in seltzer water (not club soda). Weight plants down. I use kitchen spoons. Place in a dark room or cover with a towel/box. Do not put lid on tight. Let sit for at least 9 hours more is ok I sometimes just drop it in overnight. After shake the plant and return it to the tank. All done. It will die and or critters will eat it. 

• Like 1

On 6/28/2022 at 3:36 PM, GSAnon said:

I have been back and forth trying to figure what exactly this is. I have tried treating it with peroxide and constant web searches and no results. It's somewhat easy to remove but very attached to plants.  When I take it out it has a blueish green hue to it. Any ideas or solutions 

I feel your pain.

Has it been something that focuses on one specific plant type or is it on everything?  Broad leave plants only?

@Seattle_Aquarist might be the one to help you out here too!

On 7/3/2022 at 4:09 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

I feel your pain.

Has it been something that focuses on one specific plant type or is it on everything?  Broad leave plants only?

@Seattle_Aquarist might be the one to help you out here too!

No it seems to spread to others and regrows fairly quick. However it only seems to attach to plants and sponge filters 

Edited by GSAnon
Additional info
  • Like 1