Clean up crew for a 20 gallon long.

Dandroid

Hey all,  

I have a 20 gallon long with 8 porkchop rasboras, a male betta and 2 dwarf frogs.  It was doing good but now I have an algae out break. Most likely from not having any clean up crew from the excess food from trying to make sure the frogs get some food. 

I was wondering what clean up crew to try out after I clean up the algae in the tank and replant it. 

Thanks in advance everyone 

Amanos and Clithon corona (horned nerite) snails are by far the most effective algae eaters in my experience, if you are limited in using things like Siamese Algae Eaters by tank size. Otos if it is more diatom/soft algae. The snails will be most effective on green spot algae and nooks and corners. Amanos are monsters with hair algae. None will work miracles with BBA, in my experience, though amanos and SAE will nibble at it.

If you are wanting something for cleaning up algae, I'd definitely recommend otos or nerites as well.

A school of habrosus or pygmaeus cories would also be nice addition that would look nice with what you've already got, plus they stay small. Pepper Cories would be nice fit too if you don't like a dwarf cories.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.   I had a nerite and pest snails in there before I got the frogs. I am not sure but it looked like the frogs killed all the pest snails off. Then my nerite past away and that is when the algae took over.  I was thinking about getting another nerite and ottos.