How did one of my baby betta turn out like this

KaiU

So I bred a few bettas, and many made it but there is 1 particular one that stands out from the rest. Any ideas if it’s gonna stay this color or will it change? It is about 3 months old now.  I am also showing the parents 

F529426B-1F7D-4538-BE45-6BB6B1E9C433.jpeg

33292376-D394-400F-AA14-44E7CD1C02C6.jpeg

1DE64021-3ECD-4AC8-A050-7374EE5F2ECE.jpeg

Edited by KaiU
  • Love 2

A lot of bettas are hybrids of different strains and color morphs, so it is actually pretty common for something like that to happen, especially since your breeders are completely different colors and fin types. Genetics are really complex and crossing bettas can bring out some really interesting recessive genes like you saw in your fish!

As for a color change, it really is hard to say, especially since it is a cross. It is a really beautiful fish though! Congratulations on your spawning success!

• Like 3

On 6/27/2022 at 8:58 PM, BradfordAquatics said:

A lot of bettas are hybrids of different strains and color morphs, so it is actually pretty common for something like that to happen, especially since your breeders are completely different colors and fin types. Genetics are really complex and crossing bettas can bring out some really interesting recessive genes like you saw in your fish!

As for a color change, it really is hard to say, especially since it is a cross. It is a really beautiful fish though! Congratulations on your spawning success!

Okay! that pretty crazy haha. Thank you for letting me know about how breeding works.