My Python quit sucking?

On 6/24/2022 at 10:53 PM, Corbidorbidoodle said:

I've got a 50' Python and it's usually really great. But it's stopped sucking out water in water-sucking mode.

I'm not sure what's wrong with it. It'll fill like a boss. But I just can't get it to drain in the sink.

Do you guys have that problem? How do I trouble shoot it?

I've sometimes taken my faucet unit apart piece by piece, cleaned, reset and it works. Other option is just buy a new faucet piece. If the python fills, it clearly is not a problem / obstruction with the hose. Something in the faucet piece isn't properly engaging the suction of the water through. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2022 at 7:53 PM, Corbidorbidoodle said:

Do you guys have that problem? How do I trouble shoot it?

On the actual faucet there's a pretty dumb/silly/goofy design issue.  You just need to tighten it.

This gap opens up when you tighten the attachment somewhere.  You can manually fix it, it'll work fine.

image.png.5c9806d6f2e332a1cafaea3edfc63df7.png

Stick your finger in this end and you can tighten it.  If you have something hex shaped, that works as well

image.png.fcb55b1a0b132b01f4b0f80fae8ade5d.png

Mine came apart one day and suction kept getting worse and worse and worse until I figured it out.  I hope that helps.

For me its normally java moss or a daredevil ramshorn gumming up the works. My fix is to reverse the flow to blow the obstruction up the hose a few inches then unhook the hose from the faucet adapter to let it drain into the sink. I just reattach it once the snail is gone. If its plants i use tweasers to.clear the faucet adapter. 

• Like 1

If you loosen the two silver screws holding the bottom part of the faucet pump, it will come off and the is most likely something stuck in there. you can always if the tank level is higher than where you are draining the water to, just use the hose as a regular siphon and not use the faucet pump part to drain. I only use that piece to help drain two tanks and that is because they are 2.5 and five gallons and it is hard to get the siphon tube in the tank sideways to start a siphon. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/4/2022 at 8:23 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

On the actual faucet there's a pretty dumb/silly/goofy design issue.  You just need to tighten it.

This gap opens up when you tighten the attachment somewhere.  You can manually fix it, it'll work fine.

image.png.5c9806d6f2e332a1cafaea3edfc63df7.png

Stick your finger in this end and you can tighten it.  If you have something hex shaped, that works as well

image.png.fcb55b1a0b132b01f4b0f80fae8ade5d.png

Mine came apart one day and suction kept getting worse and worse and worse until I figured it out.  I hope that helps.

This was it! Totally did the trick. Suckin' like a boss now.