Ziss Bubble Bio Moving Bed Filter Question

rmiranda19

I have five fishtanks, from 125g down to 40g tanks - all housing African Cichlids.  In each tank I installed a Ziss Bubble Bio Moving Bed Filter.  I over filter all my tanks to ensure the best water quality possible.  I purchased them in late 2018 and have been installed in each tank.  I have been experiencing issues with them.  The media has stopped moving and are all clumped together in the top of the filter.  The amount of bubbles coming out has diminised substantially to a few bubbles per minute.  The sponges are cleaned regularly - and when done - there is no change in performance.  One filter I actually shook it - and it went back to clumped all together.  Does anyone have any ideas how to get it moving again?  Thanks.

I am new to this product myself, but as it is a water product, perhaps there is build up in the lines for the unit.  Perhaps check with Co-op customer support, for advise.

New_Logo_for_New_Site_600x600.jpg?v=1558
WWW.AQUARIUMCOOP.COM

Aquarium Co-Op has a retail fish store in Washington and an online store for live plants & aquarium supplies. Find out the best way to contact us for help.

If the customer support doesn't think there would be any harm to the product, and if you think it is build-up.  Maybe consider soaking it in white vinegar.  I think @Candion here works in customer support.  

@rmiranda19 can you confirm the back rigid airline tubing that you plug your airline into is properly seated into the ziss unit?  I run at least 15 of these units, most since we started carrying them and have not had this issue.  

You could also remove the top cap and see if debris has built up where the air leaves the unit.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Randy - THANKS a lot.  In three filters I checked - each one did not have the rigid tube all the way to the bottom of the filter.  Never realized that as it was just off by an inch or so.  Thanks again!  And as always Aquarium Co-op is top notch.  Thanks for the support!

• Like 2