What pressurized CO2 system do you recommend?

Alright sooooo I got the Fluval CO2 kit a while ago because it was on super sale and I got it for a song.

I’m fairly new to CO2 but not to planted tanks and I want to give it a go… this kit works ok but it’s definitely not perfect.

I’m willing to invest some money into a better setup with a solenoid and more reliable features. Preferably something mid range (maybe $300 or so).

Any recommendations or tips?

I’ve been planning a co2 setup for a while now. 
I’ve decided that I want a dual stage regulator and had it narrowed down to fzone, GLA or Co2art. Then Cory announced that the Co-op regulator will be released soon. If it comes out this summer I might give it a try, otherwise I’m leaning towards the co2art. It’s $150 so you’d have another $150 for a tank, diffuser, supply lines and drop checker. 

• Like 3

You could always build your own. I began to do the research at the beginning of the year to put my own co2 system together. Essentially, you just putting the parts together yourself. I bought a duel stage co2 regulator off ebay for $50.  I was looking at either a complete post body kit (I found several) or buying separate parts. Total cost was around $150. The project is delayed right now but hopefully will be done sometime this year. The only downside to doing this is the setup will not be as compact. Looking for information and internet posts is a bit of a challenge but you can put together a parts list. Some of the planted tank forums have information from people who put together their own setup.        

• Like 1

On 6/23/2022 at 12:28 PM, JoeQ said:

Every time I consider doing co2 I find myself drawn to this regulator. Duel stage to prevent end of tank complications, expandable just in case I decide to run co2 to numerous tanks and affordable. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0838KXK5D/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_5?smid=AHQ9LFE32Q8RJ&psc=1

I agree, that the one looks good and I have a few Amazon gift cards laying around 🙂

• Haha 1

On 6/23/2022 at 9:39 PM, Patrick_G said:

I agree, that the one looks good and I have a few Amazon gift cards laying around 🙂

Let me know how it is, the only thing holding me back is I enjoy growing (or trying to grow) plants that say co2 is required without co2. That and I see it as a fun toy to play with for awhile, but it will eventually find a permanent home in my fish equipment storage tote! 😂

• Like 1