Greetings from VA

Jen Abe

Hi!

I only started fishkeeping this year so I am still a real newbie. I currently have two twenty gallons and a ten gallon (that will be it for a while - no more space or time).

All are planted and besides the tetras, danios, and rasbora I have so called centerpiece fish in each tank - a trio of honey gourami I like to call Team Zissou, a blue dwarf gourami named Cousteau and a pair of Apisto C who have yet to be named. 

I am also eagerly awaiting the arrival of dwarf snowball pleco.

The content provided by Cory and his team has been integral to smoothing that initial learning curve. Though I still have a lot to learn, I am grateful to those like aquarium coop (and KG Tropicals) who are putting out such helpful and supportive information.

Jen

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Hi Jen! Welcome from another newbie (ish). I've been having so much fun with my two aquariums. I'm trying to train on those before I get a third, larger tank. If you have photos it would be great to see some. I haven't taken any good photos of my fish, and just one of my cryptocoryne. And I can't figure out how to edit the photos to post them!! I'll figure it out eventually...

Sandy

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2022 at 10:48 PM, Jen Abe said:

Hi!

I only started fishkeeping this year so I am still a real newbie. I currently have two twenty gallons and a ten gallon (that will be it for a while - no more space or time).

All are planted and besides the tetras, danios, and rasbora I have so called centerpiece fish in each tank - a trio of honey gourami I like to call Team Zissou, a blue dwarf gourami named Cousteau and a pair of Apisto C who have yet to be named. 

I am also eagerly awaiting the arrival of dwarf snowball pleco.

The content provided by Cory and his team has been integral to smoothing that initial learning curve. Though I still have a lot to learn, I am grateful to those like aquarium coop (and KG Tropicals) who are putting out such helpful and supportive information.

Jen

Welcome to the forum! Is your trio males and females, males only or females only? 

On 7/4/2022 at 1:44 AM, dan12boy said:

Welcome to the forum! Is your trio males and females, males only or females only? 

Hi - well, I intended to get a male and two females but ended up with three girls. They are very nice though, I love them...good color too and all get along well.

Edited by Jen Abe

On 7/4/2022 at 4:08 PM, Jen Abe said:

Hi - well, I intended to get a male and two females but ended up with three girls. They are very nice though, I love them...good color too and all get along well.

What?? Lucky you, I only ever see males at my lfs but I want two females to go with my male, Mr Grumpy, and in the future would love to attempt breeding them.

I wanted to try breeding them as well - maybe in the future. My LFS had a ton of them but they were so little at the time it was hard to tell. The girls are lovely...honestly Gourami have become my favorite fish. They have real personalities.

Edited by Jen Abe