Schooling Fish for 180 Gallon SA Cichlid Tank

PatO

Hi everyone,

in my 180 gallon tank i currently have a red spot severum, a red shoulder severum, a vieja synspilum, 6 tiger silver dollars and a school of about 20 Congo tetras. I’m looking to replace the Congo’s. Any ideas of a larger schooling fish that can hang in with my larger fish. The Congo’s do great now. The larger fish completely ignore them. Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

Phantom tetras or bleeding heart tetras are a larger option that could work. So could skirt tetras, they come in a white or black option. Diamond tetras are also a neat option. Very sparkly.

I wish emperor tetras got a bit bigger as their tail shape is vaguely reminiscent to the fin shape of the male congos. 

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I will look into all of them. The main reason I am looking to replace the Congo's is because I think the tank needs a splash of color. I have an Aquadecour 3-D background that is brownish tan. My sand is tan.There is a big piece of driftwood that is brown. Basically I think the tank needs some additional color with the fish. My tank is not brightly lit so the color of the Congo’s  does not pop. Here is a picture from a while back. You can’t see the fish real well but you get the general idea.083B776E-6D64-4793-AA8B-BDAD345D136F.jpeg.4de2e30359939f2422461f362ee06257.jpeg