Jump to content

Wanted to hear what you think caused the deaths


Recommended Posts

TLDR on the post. Kid left the hose running to top off his parent’s pond for 2 hours. The next day all the fish were dead. 

There was some interesting perspectives from different people.
Some saying it’s the chlorine. But others have said the sitting water and UV would help eliminate the chlorine. Also they said it would take longer than 1 day. 

Some said the temperature difference  causing shock or sudden drop in PH.

An interesting one was about sudden water dilution on an established pond causing osmotic issues  

What do you guys think?



I also like his comment about a big water tank on the outside. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Chlorine, contamination, PH swing, essentially..... you had OTS, and you massively changed over 200% of the water and shocked the fish.  Probably had poor aeration or something, not sure what, but the massive swing in parameters caused shock and that caused issues.  The fish care may or may not have been there before this happened, I don't know, but the water was low for a reason.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Create New...