Bio film?

Hello I’m new to the forum I have a 75 gallon tank I have two sponge filters a UV light I have about 20 corys  in there a sand substrate I have what somebody told me is Bio film I cannot get rid of this stuff no matter what I do does anybody have any suggestions on what I can do the tank is 6 months old ,well water ,there are snail in there all my shrimp died 🥲🐟I am so sad over this I have a back injury so it’s very hard for me to work on the tank I really love my fish but I think I may have to get rid of them if I can’t fixes thank you’ll

@Missalice welcome!

Biofilm is normal and you're likely experiencing some from the food itself.  If you want to get rid of it completely, there are skimmers you can use.  I would recommend using something that has a fine pad (much easier in my use) than the ones that have the sponge (eheim skim 350 is what I have now).  Here's an example from a pecktec video.  I can't speak to the quality of the product, but it gives you an idea of what you're looking for and how it functions.

On 6/17/2022 at 11:44 AM, Missalice said:

in there a sand substrate I have what somebody told me is Bio film I cannot get rid of this stuff no matter what I do does anybody have any suggestions on what I can do

Did you rinse the sand before adding to the tank?

Yes the sand was all completely wrencched this tank look beautiful for the first two months that I had it this came in on a plant I believe and it’s just it’s not on the surface of the water it’s on the entire glass do you want me to post a video it’s everywhere and it clogs the filters in two days it looks like snot it’s really disgusting I’ve never seen a fish tank with anything like this

On 6/17/2022 at 1:11 PM, Missalice said:

it looks like snot

Is it bacterial slime?

Remove manually, gravel vac to remove it. Clean the filter basically every day or every other day to get ahead of it.  You're going to see that until the tank is cycled.  (It's a sign of bacterial bloom).

What about if I put some bacteria in a bottle in there will that help I’ve been battling this now for two months I had three filters going at one point I was cleaning them every other day doing water changes every other day and I pulled out of the sand out the sand is all black on the bottom and it smells really bad so I’m wondering if it’s whatever this is in the sand And yes I wash the San very good before I put it in there but if I stick the siphon in there the sand it’s on the bottom is all black

On 6/17/2022 at 2:16 PM, ChargerstoLA said:

photo would help the best, I am struggling to image what biofilm would clog filters up so much and would come on a plant. Also do you have any parameters on your tank. How long are your lights on?

This is what I've seen before.  This isn't my tank, but an example of bacterial slime:

2042252-54bc483dd5b537c5588479e1d65a4bee.jpg.fc465ea383c1fcd072c05634a5f31ddd.jpg

And the next day it all come back I try this next 707ED5A5-8A48-477E-8AC2-521BD5CE850A.png.97f948ea140519d613d16767adde2bbd.pngIf something don’t work soon I’m just gonna get out of the hobby it’s just too much work for me I’m old and I have a lot of health conditions and I I just can’t keep up with this every other day every other day cleaning cleaning cleaning I wouldn’t mind the cleaning but I’ve been battling this for almost 2 months I believe this really came in on a plant I don’t know if you can see it in the pictures I try to put a video but it wouldn’t let me post it

I am really starting to think that this stuff whatever it is is in the sand I pulled about a quarter of the sand out of there and underneath the bottom is black and it smells really bad so the sand must’ve gone bad I don’t know anybody ever have black sand before