What is this thing riding on the fish?

Barbvday

Its a  Fish louse  you want to treat with Esha ALX active ingredient is lufenuron over a period of 2-4week to make sure you have killed all the eggs  you can try Manuel removing adult louse with tweezers if you fish has any skin damage I would recommend treating with antibiotic such as kanaplex in food to provent any secondary bacterial infections Esha ALX isn't shrimp or snail safe 

Screenshot_20220617-025307~2.png

Screenshot_20210806-030958~2.png

Edited by Colu
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 6/16/2022 at 9:54 PM, Colu said:

Its a  Fish louse  you want to treat with Esha ALX active ingredient is lufenuron over a period of 2-4week to make sure you have killed all the eggs  you can try Manuel removing adult louse with tweezers if you fish has any skin damage I would recommend treating with antibiotic such as kanaplex in food to provent any secondary bacterial infections Esha ALX isn't shrimp or snail safe 

Screenshot_20220617-025307~2.png

Screenshot_20210806-030958~2.png

Thank you, it looks different and smaller than the ones pictured but it could be a different species. 
It may be worth mentioning that the fish is a flame tetra.

On 6/17/2022 at 3:21 AM, Barbvday said:

Thank you, it looks different and smaller than the ones pictured but it could be a different species. 
It may be worth mentioning that the fish is a flame tetra.

Their are number of different species of fish louse some are smaller than others 

How does something like this happen?  Came in really small On a plant or something?  You can see it legs and everything!  That would so freak me out if that was  on one of my wet pets ~  that I don’t have yet 😩

Poor thing!!  Let us know how it goes!

On 6/17/2022 at 11:56 AM, sweetpoison said:

How does something like this happen?  Came in really small On a plant or something?  You can see it legs and everything!  That would so freak me out if that was  on one of my wet pets ~  that I don’t have yet 😩

Fish louse are usually found on wild caught fish or pond raised fish in fish farm were they keep fish in high density in ponds it not uncommon for fish to get louse theirs a couple of different species some only affect cold water species others tropical 

• Like 1

On 6/17/2022 at 6:56 AM, sweetpoison said:

It was not my post but I’m following that thread to see if there’s an update.