You might be a NERM if...

BigJ

On 6/17/2022 at 9:32 PM, saphbettas said:

You might be a nerm if you're in the aquatics section of the pet store, see some customers browsing, and have to exert all your power to withhold the knowledge you wish you could dump on them!

This is my husband in electronics sections, though he doesn't bother to hold back. If he sees someone confused, or hears the employee giving bad advice he jumps right in. He makes so many sales for stores he doesn't work at. 

• Haha 4

On 6/17/2022 at 6:45 PM, PineSong said:

Reminds me of my friend whose son was in college when he learned that many people use irons for something other than this craft:

image.jpeg.3b100a4a3e9206a65f29c5b1854d8440.jpeg

As for my NERM status: you might be a NERM if you find duckweed in your bed and in your coffee in the same day, and no longer react to either.

Yeah, I might be a Nerm....

20220618_160802.jpg.80e8b95e9213f9c5f47ef143918184c0.jpg

On 6/18/2022 at 7:17 AM, Katherine said:

This is my husband in electronics sections, though he doesn't bother to hold back. If he sees someone confused, or hears the employee giving bad advice he jumps right in. He makes so many sales for stores he doesn't work at. 

I may be the Nerm version of that....🧐😅🤣

• Haha 3

Driving by a drainage culvert that normally holds shallow water today I mused, “I wonder how tall those plants get.  Think I could use them in my summer tub?”  My wife said, “You’re such a NERM!” Only she did not say “NERM”

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 6/17/2022 at 7:50 AM, Torrey said:

I'm ORD 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Except for @Ken Burke on accidentally squishing corydora eggs😢 It's hard when we are trying to do the right thing and it still goes south. FUBAR gets a whole new meaning when fish are involved....

You might be a Nerm when you identify with everything on this page.

You might be a Nerm when you spend two different dinners talking about the implications of Reverse Respiration™ with the Patient Spouse™ who is considering withdrawing their Reluctant Nerm™ status if I keep talking about lysed cells and osmotic pressure🤣, but hasn't yet because I have stuck to the agrrement not to discuss anything that involves words like "wriggling", "worms", "holes" or "squiggles"

You might be a Nerm married to a non-Nerm when these things were negotiated with the same passion some couples reserve for prenups.😅

You might be a Nerm when favorite memories of past travels don't start with foods, locations, or people, but with cenotes, streams, rivers and the plants and fish found in the water sources.

You might be a Nerm when your reward for writing the 10,000 words today, and completing all my meetings is to hang out in the forum with all my fellow Nerms before I go to bed!

Having a veterinary nurse for a partner who is only interested in fur and feathers means I can relate to the 'patient spouse ' a lot 😁

• Like 2

On 6/18/2022 at 4:27 PM, Mr Gumby said:

Having a veterinary nurse for a partner who is only interested in fur and feathers means I can relate to the 'patient spouse ' a lot 😁

Lol!!!

On 6/18/2022 at 4:23 PM, mountaintoppufferkeeper said:

You might be a NERM if you stumble across anything and your first thought is I bet that would make a great (anything) for or as a tank or pond: 

dog pool pond

20220614_175143.jpg.3c51bcb00cee13d5ac2a47d77f3ca26d.jpg

Polycarbonate soup containers now tanks. from resturant supply store and sitting on resturant dry storage shelving

20220610_174349.jpg.6faedd226d0f656eb526dac73a2f4ca4.jpg

Guilty as charged:

20200710_223439.jpg.0fb4bda4d79876e2f90b478533ec6a7e.jpg

1485394623_20220528_222653(1).jpg.7e5fbd013cb4373b19a8c153548d22f9.jpg

1676493637_20220528_221205(1).jpg.f6ef7575df247f823938c8e727a575d0.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

I accompanied my buddy to the local store he had to pick some stuff up at. I was absolutely no help to him because the store had an in-counter tank with a couple different colored dwarf gourami's which were definitely not as cool to him as they were to me. Also the lady behind the counters only response to my 7 minute rant about the fish tank was " oh cool, I pretty much just feed them but that's good to know...". Over all fun run to the store. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

On 6/17/2022 at 11:37 AM, BigJ said:

You might be a NERM if you go fishing with a coworker and are more exited about the possibility of finding drift wood than catching fish.

Had the opportunity to go fishing with a FLW bass fishing pro, we spent more time talking about mosquito fish than bass.

• Haha 3

You might be a Nerm when your kids say, “Dad no FishTube videos!”

You might be a Nerm when you convince your wife to watch Fish For Thought and get her hooked. 

You might be a Nerm when your wife has worked in Fishroom into the discussions about buying a new home. 

You might be a Nerm when your wife is always setting boundaries on your fish keeping- no more tanks, no more fish, no more plants- and you dream up technicalities to beat the system. 

You might be a Nerm when you’ve found a way to put an aquarium in every room in the house. 

You might be a Nerm when your neighbors first reaction to hearing that your moving is “How are you going to move your fish room?”

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

You might be a Nerm when everyone sends links that are in some way, shape or form related to healthy aquatic ecosystems:

“A recent study has shown that for thousands of years, in sites around the world, Indigenous peoples were sustainably harvesting large quantities of oysters.
Researchers believe this could inform modern-day fisheries about how to harvest large amounts of food without harming ecosystems.
"People were harvesting just a massive amount of oysters. Some of these sites have over a billion oysters, and many have over tens of millions of oysters in them," said Torben Rick, a curator of North American archeology with Smithsonian's National Museum of Natural History.”
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 6/22/2022 at 7:01 PM, Its Hutch said:

You might be a nerm if you have started negotiating space in others houses to set them up an aquarium just so you can feel like you have another tank. 

Someone please help! My MTS is out of control.

You might be a Nerm if you post on several different fish groups "Do you want to be a part of a breeding project" because there's no space to responsibly breed with suffficient genetics a pure strain of (originally) wild fish, while responsibly culling😁

• Haha 2

On 6/16/2022 at 10:01 PM, Fish Folk said:

You might be a NERM if...

Your flowerbeds are a weed-filled disaster, but your aquariums are immaculately cared for

Same. I can't keep anything green alive outside an aquarium. 🙈 

And, you might be a NERM if.....

you wouldn't bat an eye at somebody saying they had to pick up some cyanoacrylate for their epiphytes. 

Edited by DarthMollusk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 6/24/2022 at 5:11 AM, Andy's Fish Den said:

You might be a NERM if you take a job that you now have an office, and one of first thing you ask boss is if they mind that you put a fish tank in your office.

Been there, done that.  Still have the tank and hood. 

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

You might be a nerm if, when a mosquito bites you, your reaction is “Oh good, maybe she’ll lay eggs in the fish tub!”

You might be a nerm if your husband puts a dirty 10g tank on the counter right in front of the fridge in an attempt to get you to clean it.

• Haha 2