Hello from Chicago! Thanks for having me

jmphoto

Hello Co-op community!

My name is Jay, and I live in Chicago, Illinois.  I currently live in a studio apartment surrounded by 3 aquariums-2 planted tanks, and one 75G tank which is home to my red eared slider.  I’ll list out what’s where below, and add a few intro pics.  I briefly worked at a local aquarium shop out here before moving on to my career job in the cycling industry.  My duties were shop aquarium maintenance, as well as assisting the service lead on large reef and planted tank jobs.  I found Aquarium Co-Op through my contacts at the fish store, and have greatly enjoyed the informative youtube videos and podcasts, which I will often play in the morning on my days off, learning about plants, algae, and how to take a deep breath, relax, and enjoy the hobby:)  Looking forward to being around here for a while, and learning a lot from everyone.  Thanks for having me!

Jay.

MY TANKS:

75G:
1-Red Eared slider

30G:
2-Keyhole Cichlids
1-Electric Blue Acara
5-Pristella Tetras
4-Salt & Pepper Corys
Amazon sword
Spiralis
Water sprite
Various Crypts

10G:
2-Dwarf Honey Gouramis
5-Ember Tetras
2-Amano Shrimp
1 assassin snail(became many)
Anubias, Java Fern, and Java Moss

All still works in progress

_MG_1332.jpg

_MG_1760.jpg

_MG_1782.jpg

_MG_2053.jpg

_MG_2061.jpg

_MG_2069.jpg

_MG_2106-Edit.jpg

_MG_2164.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 3

On 6/15/2022 at 6:52 PM, ChargerstoLA said:

Welcome, those are some amazing photos. Someone must not use a cell phone. I love the photo of your red ear slider, looks like he is free falling. 

Thank you!  Ha, yeah, my cell camera is just not fast enough.  I'd never be able to catch the fish at all with the cellphone, but turtle, on the other hand, is pretty photogenic, until he escapes and hides under the middle of the couch:D:D:D

On 6/15/2022 at 8:30 AM, FishPlanet said:

Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you here! 

PS. You take gorgeous pics!

Thank you!  Getting slowly better at the fish end of photography.  They just don't wanna sit still ever:D

On 6/15/2022 at 5:56 PM, sankaz said:

Hi JM Photo. Your photo of your red earred slider makes him(?) look like he's flying!! Great photo. Welcome to the group. I'm a newbie and having a ton of fun with my two tanks.

Thank you!  Yep, that is a he,  who often thinks he is flying:D:D

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

On 6/16/2022 at 5:28 AM, jmphoto said:

Thank you!  Ha, yeah, my cell camera is just not fast enough.  I'd never be able to catch the fish at all with the cellphone, but turtle, on the other hand, is pretty photogenic, until he escapes and hides under the middle of the couch:D:D:D

We’ve got an escape artist. That is impressive, it would probably be the same photo of him jumping down from the tank. 

• Like 1