Today’s Unexpected Creature…

PineSong

Plopped down in front of my tank to check for gonopodiums on the juvenile guppies and discovered yet another “I have no clue where you came from” life form; this long pointy snail with a square foot. I think that makes four species of uninvited snails in this tank! 96F1A723-1314-4691-B1DF-E5ECB8BD843C.jpeg.12426930a46b534dbe812b977d908b47.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

The MTS would be my choice of pest snails.  I'd like to have a few the size of the one pictured. They are a lot more interesting to watch than the Bladder snails, but the Bladder snails make good barb snacks..  I thought all of my MTS had died off, but I saw one about a week ago, so I still have at least one in there somewhere. 

• Like 1

On 6/12/2022 at 8:52 AM, BuzzDaddy21 said:

Yep, sure looks like an MTS and they are live bearers, only get out of control when you over feed. I have them in all my tanks and IMO are great.🙃

Literally every problem and odd creature I've had "only gets out of control when you overfeed" lol. It is so hard for me to stick to one meal per day for my fish.

On 6/12/2022 at 9:17 AM, Ken Burke said:

It could be a MTS, but mine normally are not that big and have more white on the shell.  Any chance it’s a rabbit snail?

I did not get a good look at its face. I did notice it had a strange pattern of movement, kind of lurching forward rather than a smooth glide like my mystery snails. 

• Like 1