How do I use one air pump for two air stones?

dan12boy

Hey y’all. I have an ACO air pump that’s connected to an ACO sponge filter but I heard there’s ways to use the same air pump for two different things. The second thing I want to use mine for is for my diy setup for breeding brine shrimp. If anyone has any videos that breaks it down easily that’ll be really helpful because what I’ve seen so far is kind of confusing. 

On 6/9/2022 at 10:47 PM, dan12boy said:

I have that already, bought it just in case it’s what I needed. So I don’t need any valves or nothing else? 

If you want to be able to turn off and on the brine shrimp hatcher then you will need a valve. You can just install it close to your brine shrimp hatcher for convenience 

https://www.aquariumcoop.com/products/ziss-premium-air-valve

• Thanks 1

On 6/9/2022 at 8:47 PM, dan12boy said:

I have that already, bought it just in case it’s what I needed. So I don’t need any valves or nothing else? 

OK so.... this is what I would highly recommend if you have issues.  They have them in a gang valve configuration as well as a single metal valve pack.

https://www.aquariumcoop.com/products/4-way-metal-gang-valve

You would have the Air pump, that would hook up to a check valve (some pumps already have these internally) then that goes into whatever else you want to hook up. 

In the example above, you'd go from Air Pump --> Check Valve --> Splitter --> 2x Air Valves --> Airstones x2

• Thanks 1

I use these on the coop pumps. I like them because I can adjust each line flow. 

F4F56C03-4577-40F8-BAAF-6DCB533B1AB6.png

Here you go. Not a video but real easy to see. These individual line adjustable ones do great for brine shrimp so you don’t blow the eggs away with heavy flow. If you need a video let me know. 

B836ADA9-D2DB-4D43-9F50-01EFF37C2584.jpeg

Edited by Guppysnail
  • Like 1

On 6/10/2022 at 6:50 AM, Guppysnail said:

I use these on the coop pumps. I like them because I can adjust each line flow. 

F4F56C03-4577-40F8-BAAF-6DCB533B1AB6.png

Here you go. Not a video but real easy to see. These individual line adjustable ones do great for brine shrimp so you don’t blow the eggs away with heavy flow. If you need a video let me know. 

B836ADA9-D2DB-4D43-9F50-01EFF37C2584.jpeg

That looks super dope, I might get them way later but that looks like a different pump from the one I have from ACO. Mine is smaller so would that reduce how many airstones it can work on? 

If you mean the green nano pump I’ve not used a splitter with those but to try I would try the same setup. The ones I have are the new battery backup ACO pumps. It is worth a go I didn’t see the new ones being to much more powerful than the nano. A bit but not to different if you are only bleeding off a little air for a brine shrimp setup. I would give it a go. 

On 6/10/2022 at 10:21 AM, Guppysnail said:

If you mean the green nano pump I’ve not used a splitter with those but to try I would try the same setup. The ones I have are the new battery backup ACO pumps. It is worth a go I didn’t see the new ones being to much more powerful than the nano. A bit but not to different if you are only bleeding off a little air for a brine shrimp setup. I would give it a go. 

Okay thank you! Didn’t know there were new ones, probably would have bought them especially with the black coloring. I love how truly quiet they are, the most quiet air pump I’ve never heard…haha

• Haha 1