My 1st Betta

On 6/9/2022 at 4:27 PM, Kurt Brutting said:

I was at my local fish store today and I purchased my 1st Betta ever.
I saw her and I had to have her. She might be a boy I don’t even know what kind of Betta she is. Maybe Plakat? 
I am super excited !!!!

I

5460B1B4-8942-435F-A169-9FD0347210D5.jpeg

If you are a member of the channel, look at the video from Gianne (first Member's Only Presentation) she gave the best information on how to care for, identify, and even breed bettas.

• Thanks 1

On 6/9/2022 at 11:41 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

Very cool looking betta! I don't know why, it's so difficult to find good, dark, black base color bettas for me.

If you go read the genetic info on bettas on the IBC page, it starts to make sense. Back when I was breeding, a proper black and then the purple, were like Holy Grail colors in the betta community.

• Like 1

On 6/9/2022 at 11:42 PM, Torrey said:

If you go read the genetic info on bettas on the IBC page, it starts to make sense. Back when I was breeding, a proper black and then the purple, were like Holy Grail colors in the betta community.

Totally!  I have been off/on searching for a black crowntail.  I found one one day. It was black with red accents. or pure black another day.  Often these days, I see one and go oh sweet, but it turns out to be a dark blue.  My favorite color is green, so blue just makes me.... blue. LOL

• Like 1

On 6/10/2022 at 12:43 AM, nabokovfan87 said:

Totally!  I have been off/on searching for a black crowntail.  I found one one day. It was black with red accents. or pure black another day.  Often these days, I see one and go oh sweet, but it turns out to be a dark blue.  My favorite color is green, so blue just makes me.... blue. LOL

Crowntails are my favorite! The females are perpetually eggy, lol.

20200430_121643.jpg.42ade14c7b46abb2e94dde4744310ef3.jpg

From back in my breeding days, a conditioned female getting ready to be introduced to the male.

• Like 1
  • Love 1